Photo

Wedding Dresses in Washington, DC Area UNDER $2000

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

When I searched for bridal gowns, I had the hardest time finding a list of salons in the Washington DC area that sold gowns under $2000, preferably under $1500 (I just couldn't live with myself if I paid more than this for a dress that I wear only once).   After much research I finally came up with my own list and would love to share it with you.   The following are a list of salons that have reasonably priced gowns:

• Alfred Angelo in Springfield, VA.   I ended up buying my gown here.
    • Katherine's Bridal in Alexandria.  This had my second choice dress.  Beware:  they won't let you take pictures which was important to me since I wanted to see how I looked in photos with the dress on.
    • Moni's Bridal Boutique in Manassas, VA.
    • Jeanette's Bridal in Manassas, VA.
    • David's Bridal in Rockville, MD.
    • The Bridal Boutique in Columbia, MD.  Not great for beach brides since most of their dresses are pretty heavy.  However, a large selection of gowns.
    • Bobbie's Bridal in Fairfax, VA.
    • Rosalin's Bridal in Falls Church, VA.
    • Distinctive Designs Bridal in Rockville, MD.  - This one was far for me but it was my favorite of all the salons.  Absolutely great salon.  I love the layout.  Beware:  they won't let you take pictures which was important to me since I wanted to see how I looked in photos with the dress on.
    • Pattrapon Bridal in Kensington, MD.  Cute neighborhood especially if you love antiques.

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'll add to the list as I am not far from you:) All the rage, va beach:carries lots of allure gowns, and other afforable brands Maya couture, norfolk: pricier gowns, lots of Maggie's. David's bridal, norfolk: rude ppl. Lost my business Silk, va beach: consignment shop,used dresses in great conition! All bridal gowns, $300+ and great sales Ladies!

#3 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
      • 366 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

I'll add to the list as I am not far from you:)
        All the rage, va beach:carries lots of allure gowns, and other afforable brands
        Maya couture, norfolk: pricier gowns, lots of Maggie's.
        David's bridal, norfolk: rude ppl. Lost my business
        Silk, va beach: consignment shop,used dresses in great conition! All bridal gowns, $300+ and great sales Ladies!

Great addition!  I hope this helps someone.  I have to say that I really liked the David's Bridal gowns I tried on but the one caused me physical pain while trying to put me in the dress.  I still cringe when I think of a side zipper - she pulled and pinched my skin.  Oh man.  Bad memories.  Beautiful Vera dresses, but bad bad memories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users