Brand new - Planning a wedding in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrserickson0812

• 19 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hi everyone!

I just got engaged about a month ago, and now my fianc© and I are starting to get serious about planning. We are hoping to get married in Jamaica next October or November. I’m pretty excited, but it also seems very overwhelming, so forgive me if you see me completely panicking on the forums!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,071 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Congrats mrserickson0812 + welcome to the forum community! you'll find lots of great info + helpful suggestions, as well as support to help you make the best informed decisions possible. enjoy your journey :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 Lene1112

• 49 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

I just got engaged at the end of August and we are also planning to have our wedding in Jamaica. We figured out the date, July 13, 2013 but trying to pick a resort is proving to be a harder task. I think we are narrowing down the choices between Riu Montego Bay and Grand Palledium. I'm finding this site to be very helpful though, through this extremely overwhelming process!!!! 

#4 mrserickson0812

• 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Same here! :)

I've been looking a lot at Grand Palladium lately - I think I might be focusing on that one.

I found this website helpful in picking out some resorts to research. The reviews are really thorough and the pictures are helpful, too!

#5 papoue

• 44 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Congrats eryone on your engagements...Finding the resort is definitely the hardest part of the planning. 

You can start by reading reviews from fellow brides in the "Resort Reviews" section in this forum.

Happy planning!

#6 JCLarke79

• 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Congratulations to all on on your engagement.  You will find that there are many reviews on here on the different resorts as well as when you call travel agencies they will tell you some of the other brides thoughts on the resorts as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users