• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#71 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bride2B0713 

Did they paint the back of your letter as well? I ordered mine from Craft Cuts, requested it be painted silver, but they only painted the front! UGH!! Also, how do you plan to put this on your cake? My letter is a "V" and before I go out and get the crystals, just wanted to get an idea of how it will go on the cake?? Thank you!! Your letter looks awesome btw :)

They did paint both sides, but I made  aspecial request to have them do so.  I just realized that i never posted my completed mongram.  My Fi cut a flat metal scewer in half and I used E600 glue to adhere it to the back. It shouldn't show when placed on the cake since I will have flowers at the base. I didn't bother taking a opic after adding the scewer stand-offs.   

#72 Bride2B0713

Bride2B0713
    • 47 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

hmm.. actually.. I don't know if drilling a hole will work since I went with the thinner letter.. I'll have to look at it when I get home to see how thin it really is.. But I'm sure I can also attach the dowel or rod to the backside of the letter. I haven't completely thought this part through obviously... :-/  but I know we will find something that works perfectly. ;o)

Yea i got a thin letter as well, the thinnest one they  have, 1/8 I believe...i asked them to paint it and they only painted the front...kind of annoying now i have to get silver paint to paint the back myself! I was thinking about how to get it on the cake, since i haven't yet started to decorate it.

#73 Bride2B0713

Bride2B0713
      • 47 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

So pretty!! Did you put crystals on the back as well?

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Quote:

They did paint both sides, but I made  aspecial request to have them do so.  I just realized that i never posted my completed mongram.  My Fi cut a flat metal scewer in half and I used E600 glue to adhere it to the back. It shouldn't show when placed on the cake since I will have flowers at the base. I didn't bother taking a opic after adding the scewer stand-offs.   

#74 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
        • 955 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

No it's just painted silver on the back,  If I find extra time I might, but i don't think it's necessary and i used really small crystals, so it was a bit more time consuming than anticipated,

#75 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
          • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Your's turned out GORGEOUS!!!.. I'm wishing I would have went with smaller crystals... :o(

Flat metal scewer... Amazing idea!!  Where do I find that type of scewer? Lowes/HomeDepot??

#76 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
            • 955 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Thanks Britney! We do a lot of grilling and had plenty of skewers to spare,  but you shouldn't have any problem finding them.  We chose the flat skewer specifically so it would have more adhering surface than the typical round skewers.  But I've even seen a pack of 6 in our local market.

#77 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
              • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Ahh okay.. the flat is perfect!!.. I just wasn't crafty enough to think of what to use.

thanks. I'll def check out our local stores to see what I can find. :o)

#78 mimiq

mimiq
                • 184 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

i just bought a really simple wooden sign from Michaels that said LOVE.  about $4 and perfect!!

#79 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
                  • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I wasn't going to have a cake topper. Now I am having second thoughts with 2 weeks to departure!

#80 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
                    • 186 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

wow good job ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users