Photo

DIY Cake Toppers

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Speckles - Go for it. Definitely cheaper than $50.

#52 missde09

missde09
    • 80 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Can't wait to start my blinged-out DIY cake topper. These look gorgeous! Our colors are lime green and royal blue, so I am going to try painting the letter lime green and choose blue rhinestones. That way a little bit of the green will peek out in between the stones...we'll see how it goes!

#53 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
      • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by missde09 

Can't wait to start my blinged-out DIY cake topper. These look gorgeous! Our colors are lime green and royal blue, so I am going to try painting the letter lime green and choose blue rhinestones. That way a little bit of the green will peek out in between the stones...we'll see how it goes!

Sounds super cute!! Can't wait to see pictures!

#54 Erica543

Erica543
        • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi MissBubbles, I absolutely love the cake topper that you did! I was wondering how will you make it stand on the cake? Are you adding anything else to it!? Thanks!

#55 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
          • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Erica543 

Hi MissBubbles,
            I absolutely love the cake topper that you did! I was wondering how will you make it stand on the cake? Are you adding anything else to it!? Thanks!

Thank you!! :o)  I plan to bling out the backside.. but other than that the only other thing I will do is attach 2 dowels to the letter so that it can easily be inserted into the top of the cake.  

Did I mention I will be making sure I have my glue gun with me in my suitcase??  lol...

#56 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
            • 160 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

You guys all rock!! These look great! I can't wait to do mine. 

#57 Bride2B0713

Bride2B0713
              • 47 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I absolutely LOVE this idea!! Spent all day looking at letters LOL!

#58 Bride2B0713

Bride2B0713
                • 47 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

Okay, so of course I am impatient.. And I couldn't pass up a good deal, so I bought the following.

Seller:shop4femme-us

Loose Rhinestones lot of Hot Fix Iron on 3mm (SS10), 15 Colors to choose from
                  Qty:1
                  $5.10
                  Clear #00, 2880pcs (20 Gross)

Loose Rhinestones lot of Hot Fix Iron on 4mm (SS16), 15 Colors to choose from
                  $5.90
                  Clear #00, 2160pcs (15 Gross)

Selection of 2mm Round Shape Flat Back Rhinestones in Multiple Colors and Lots
                  $2.45
                  Clear #06, 3000 pcs

Selection of 2mm Round Shape Flat Back Rhinestones in Multiple Colors and Lots
                  $2.45
                  Light Blue #10, 3000 pcs

Ignore the blue.. I bought those to write I Do on the bottom of my shoes.. But I bought iron-on and flatback to see which would look best. I figured I could use the iron on for my tanks if it don't work out for the topper. 2mm will be super tiny, so I'm afraid it will be a bit tidious.. But from what I've read these are the most common used.. 12ss(3.5mm I believe), 16ss(4mm), 20ss(5mm).. But I also saw a gorgeous one done in only 10ss(3mm)

Hi Bubbles. Where did you buy your rhinestones from? Do you know how many approximately you used? I found a site that where 144 come in a package for $2...I'm not sure how many packets of rhinestones I would need though? I see that yours are way cheaper for 3000 pieces!!

#59 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bride2B0713 

Hi Bubbles. Where did you buy your rhinestones from? Do you know how many approximately you used? I found a site that where 144 come in a package for $2...I'm not sure how many packets of rhinestones I would need though? I see that yours are way cheaper for 3000 pieces!!

It is much cheaper to go ahead and buy more.  I have purchased from a couple other sellers in the past, but the seller I purchased the above items from came from a different seller. Let me find the name.

#60 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
                    • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

shop4femme-us <--- this is the sellers ebay store name

Back to Wedding Flowers, decoration, cake, etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users