Jump to content

Photo

Allie H's EDR (RM, Mexico) 11-5-2012 Planning Thread


  • Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#141 mstigger

mstigger
  • Jr. Member
  • 239 posts

    Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

    Wow!

    Ok, so I just read this thread from start to finish!! Amazing, simply amazing - all of it!!

    You did a wonderful job on everything and I have to say that there should be a job for wedding mentors!! You could totally be a planner if you enjoyed that type of career, but you are so supportive and helpful to everyone you would be an incredible mentor to future brides as well!!!

    Just thought I had to tell you again how perfect everything was!!!



    #142 AllieH

    AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

    Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

    oh Gale, thank you so much for your sweet words. they mean so much to me! 

    Originally Posted by mstigger 

    Wow!

    Ok, so I just read this thread from start to finish!! Amazing, simply amazing - all of it!!

    You did a wonderful job on everything and I have to say that there should be a job for wedding mentors!! You could totally be a planner if you enjoyed that type of career, but you are so supportive and helpful to everyone you would be an incredible mentor to future brides as well!!!

    Just thought I had to tell you again how perfect everything was!!!

     


     

    Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

    Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

    El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

    AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


    #143 mstigger

    mstigger
    • Jr. Member
    • 239 posts

      Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

      Hey Allie!

      Just curious if people used their lanyards and if you thought it was worth purchasing them. I know I have several small little bags I tote around on cruises, etc!

      Thanks!!



      #144 AllieH

      AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

      Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

      I don't think most people used them, or if they did, they were thrown in their beach bag vs. worn around their next. I used mine quite a bit though - in a pocket or in my bag if we were walking around the resort.

       

      Still, I'd probably purchase them again. I liked having them, and they weren't that expensive.

       

      Originally Posted by mstigger 

      Hey Allie!

      Just curious if people used their lanyards and if you thought it was worth purchasing them. I know I have several small little bags I tote around on cruises, etc!

      Thanks!!


       

      Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

      Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

      El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

      AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


      #145 elissae

      elissae
      • Member
      • 631 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
      • LocationClifton Park, NY

      Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

      Originally Posted by AllieH 

      I don't think most people used them, or if they did, they were thrown in their beach bag vs. worn around their next. I used mine quite a bit though - in a pocket or in my bag if we were walking around the resort.

       

      Still, I'd probably purchase them again. I liked having them, and they weren't that expensive.

      I am going to be like you AllieH!  I am going to set a precedent and wear mine all the time and see if people follow my lead!  LOL  Thanks for the spreadsheets regarding the DJ - you are THE BEST! xoxo


      Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


      #146 mstigger

      mstigger
      • Jr. Member
      • 239 posts

        Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

        Would anyone have their timeline template in publisher that they could email to me. I'm not sure I can create it from scratch, but pretty sure I can change colors, text, etc.

        I can't open any of the files on here yet.....but I'm getting there!!!

        Thank you!!

        Originally Posted by jnitschke 


        THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!! THANKS!



        #147 LKocelko

        LKocelko
        • Jr. Member
        • 350 posts

          Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

          Originally Posted by mstigger 

          Would anyone have their timeline template in publisher that they could email to me. I'm not sure I can create it from scratch, but pretty sure I can change colors, text, etc.

          I can't open any of the files on here yet.....but I'm getting there!!!

          Thank you!!

          My fiance is still working on ours, but the basics are in place. If you send me your email, I can send off what we have. Or if you don't mind waiting I can send the finished product in the next week or two :)



          #148 Snoopy129

          Snoopy129
          • Jr. Member
          • 158 posts

            Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

            Amazing thread!  I love all the DIY stuff you did and everything looked so beautiful in these photos!  Thank you for sharing!!! 

             

            Also, I was wondering where you got the blue starfish in your bouquet?  And how did it stay in there?  Was it like a hat pin that was inserted into the bouquet?  Thank you and congrats on a perfect wedding!!!

            Originally Posted by AllieH 

            My photographer ROCKS!! 

             

            Here's a link to her blog post/preview: 

            http://www.lotusblos...mexico-wedding/

             

            And a link to the slideshow: 

            http://www.lotusblos...s-allisonsteve/

             

            And here are a few of my favorites: 

            For JayKay - Proof that the blue starfish was in the bouquet at some point!! 

             

             

            My favorite getting ready photo: 

             

             

            First look - yup, I teared up big time. 

             

             

            Our ceremony & guests (Gazebo 55, EDR)

             

             

            A favorite

             

             

             

             

             

             

            Table settings: 

             

             



            #149 AllieH

            AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

            Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

            thank you!!! 

             

            I got the blue starfish from the Bridal Box - it's a brick & mortar store in CA, but has been one of the few places I could find the blue starfish. They shipped fast (ahem, twice), and were easy to work with. http://store.thebrid...bjstarfish.html is the link to their site

             

            and so here's my confession: it didn't stay in my bouquet. I didn't secure it well enough - I should have stuffed it down into an actual stem, but I just had set it into the middle of the bouquet. I lost that particular starfish somewhere on the beach while we took pictures. and had to order another one since it was my something borrowed from JayKay, another BDW bride. 

            Amazing thread!  I love all the DIY stuff you did and everything looked so beautiful in these photos!  Thank you for sharing!!! 

             

            Also, I was wondering where you got the blue starfish in your bouquet?  And how did it stay in there?  Was it like a hat pin that was inserted into the bouquet?  Thank you and congrats on a perfect wedding!!!

             


             

            Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

            Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

            El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

            AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


            #150 Snoopy129

            Snoopy129
            • Jr. Member
            • 158 posts

              Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

              thanks for the starfish info and for the tip about the bouquet!  your thread was super inspiring! 






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users