Sign in to follow this  
Dazeydawl

Iron On Transfers Making My Life Miserable!!! :(

Fot my OOT bags i had originally wanted to hand stamp them... but last night i changed my mind and decided that i wanted to do a simple iron on transfer that just says Jamaica and our date.. in black. Ive searched these forums and found all the info and tips on Iron On Transfers so today i decided i would give it a try...... but its not working.

I have natural canvas totes from ingreetings.com and i bought transfermation transfers from michaels. I printed everything on the correct side of the paper.. cut it all out nicely, but the transfer just wont stick. Whenever i peel it back theres still ink on the backing.. alot of it. So i try again and iron longer... to the point where its almost burning and the background is turing brown... still ink comes away on the backing. Ive tried this four times now!!!! Nothing works. Ive you tubed it adn everyones transfers on the videos look completely different... mine just looks like im pushing ink into fabric.. no something that could peel off. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

That sounds super frustrating.  Can you return what's left of the paper and try another brand?

Yes fortunately i can return it! Which i am going to do.... just so annoying. Hopefully it is the paper and not just a user issue

LOL thats how it will probably be for us too. Ive just been testibng on scrap canvas that we have because i only have an exact number of totes i didnt want to ruin.

Did you do a monagram? do you have pictures?

I was saving these pics for my OOT bags post, but heres a sneak peak:) you can def see the iron on outline, its kinda shiny. but it shows more in the picture than in real life. I didnt do a monogram or anything. I saw these on Etsy and decided I loved them and I would make them myself!

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

I was saving these pics for my OOT bags post, but heres a sneak peak:) you can def see the iron on outline, its kinda shiny. but it shows more in the picture than in real life. I didnt do a monogram or anything. I saw these on Etsy and decided I loved them and I would make them myself!

OMG I LOVE these!!!! Literally LOL'd when i saw these they are awesome