Photo

Do I need to have a Program??

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
  • 802 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:11 AM

If I am not having a wedding party (no bridesmaids, best men, etc...) is it necessary for me to have a wedding program. I wouldn't mind making one, but I don't know what I should include if I decide to use one. I am planning on having about 50 - 65 guests. Any suggestions. Thanks!

#2 Jenn

Jenn
    • 1,557 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:19 AM

I'm skipping them. We also don't have attendants, so I don't see the point. Sorry, no help here!

#3 Leia78

Leia78
      • VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:22 AM

I'm not planning on making a program either. My wedding entourage consists of only 2 other couples. I think I might just have a menu @ the tables and a really funny MC to direct the evening.

#4 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:23 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hopels
          I'm skipping them. We also don't have attendants, so I don't see the point. Sorry, no help here!
          okay, thanks Hopels! Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one. Some guests look forward to receiving programs and keeping them as memoirs, so I didn't know if I HAD TO have them. Thanks for your input. :-)

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:50 AM

You can totally skip the programs. We had a decent sized wedding party but that wasn't why we got them, we got program fans because we thought they would help beat the heat (which they did) plus we wanted to put our favorite love poem & a thank you note on something. It cost the same to put the wedding party info on the other side so we added that too.

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:41 AM

I just decided yesterday I was skipping these... I loved the ones that Sarah did, but I am just running out of time...

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:49 AM

I skipped them too!

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

I wasn't planning on making them until I saw Sarah's fan programs. I'll probably give those a shot. If I don't make those, I probably won't have programs. Or maybe something really simple. I don't think you need them, but sometimes I just feel like being crafty.

#9 Sharonie

Sharonie
                  • 557 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

I am planning on doing program fan as well so the guests can actually use them during the ceremony. Here are the templates I got from Aylee website:

Attached Files

#10 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
                    • 716 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

I don't know whether I'll do one or not, but if I decide to do one, I'd put the order of service on them.

I do kind of want to customize my ceremony and add special touches like special songs, scripture readings, wording of sand ceremony, etc and have special friends participate in those ways. If I go that route, I may create a program just to list the participants. We'll see though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users