Sign in to follow this  
s2thap

Activities to fill 4-hour gap between ceremony and reception in Negril

Hi. We booked a 2 p.m. ceremony at RIU Negril and didn't understand that the reception time was already set for 6:30 PM. Now we're looking for ideas of activities that will keep the group together. A cocktail hour is fine, but it can't last for 4 hours. What have other couples done with this time, or what are you planning to do?

One idea we've thrown around is a catamaran cruise/cocktail hour. Of course there's wind and the potential of getting wet in nice clothes, so I'm on the fence about that.

Any suggestions?

We are getting married at 3pm at the Riu in Ocho Rios. Reception also at 6:30pm. We were planning on doing photos, cocktail hour and then giving our guests time to go freshen up before the reception. Our program asks the guests to meet back up at sunset (6:15)prior to the reception to do chinese wishing lanterns on the beach.

Thanks for sharing, Sunshinybride. I think we will end up doing something similar since taking pictures with everyone can take a while. Leaving the resort could become a logistical problem. I wonder if there is a list of things to do that are similar to the Chinese lantern activity that you're doing? Something that is fun for a group would be great.

What about renting some sort of boat to take everyone out on? Like a booze cruise but without the intent of getting everyone drunk. Just to relax with music and cocktails. That could take 2 hrs and then give guests the chance to freshen up before dinner. You could maybe have someone in your bridal party initiate some kind of a game that be revealed/winner rewarded to the bride and groom at the reception.

ie: create a scavenger hunt along the strip in Negril or around the hotel

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything more specific but if an idea comes to me I'll def let you know. 

Great ideas. We want to do the cruise thing on Saturday as a group activity where people can wear whatever and have fun without watching the clock. But the scavenger hunt isn't a bad idea. Thanks!