Photo

Hard Rock Punta Cana--what to do after ceremony...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Junelove

Junelove
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hi Ladies i'm hoping to get some good ideas....My wedding ceremony date is set for June 22, 2013 at 2pm (i wanted a later time but this was the only time available)..I am debating on what i should schedule for my guests after the ceremony being that the ceremony is so early. Would it be bad to give my guests some time to freshen up and then meet a little later for the cocktail hour and reception?

#2 Tatiana

Tatiana
    • 95 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I had the same queston, my wedding is oct 11, at 5pm and had no idea of the activities

#3 Team Brinkman

Team Brinkman
      • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Mine is also on the 22nd, but at 3pm. I haven't quite figured the after the ceremony part out either. It isn't dinner time or anything, so I would love to hear some ideas as well. 

#4 Junelove

Junelove
        • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hi,

Are you having yours at the Hard Rock as well?..i've been breaking my head over this..lol..i dont want to inconvenience my guests..but the best thing i could come up with is to have cocktail hour right after the ceremony then have the guest go up to their rooms to freshen up/change then have the reception ....i think thats what i will go by but we'll see.. 

#5 Team Brinkman

Team Brinkman
          • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

We are getting married at HRPC. We are also doing the cocktail hour immediately following, but are not sure of what we will do after that point. All I can say is that there are several things that people can do at the resort so don't feel too bad about it. It is a destination wedding and you do it for flexibility. I would just make people aware of it as early as possible through your website. 

How many people are you expecting? 

#6 Junelove

Junelove
            • 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

oh cool!..maybe i will see you there  yes i agree with you-thats very true!

i'm inviting about 95 people. I think the least that will show is 50>>>but then again people always back out closer to the date...so we'll see.

How about you?

#7 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
              • 183 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm getting married there in April and our ceremony is @ 1 pm with Rick york for 30 mins and then we are hosting a cocktail party for 2 hours then our wedding boat is coming to et us at 4 pm . I think people are pretty relaxed while on vacation and won't be so uptight about timelines for the day and most might appreciate having the down time between ceremony and reception perhaps offer apps and cockles for people who choose to hang around and you will be ettng free private parties with the amount of guests you have coming :)

#8 MexiCali

MexiCali
                • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Jamielynn55! What boat are you using for your dinner??? Love this idea.

#9 Jamielynn55

Jamielynn55
                  • 183 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

-Flori- Groups and wedding's coordinator of “La Barcaza” Web Site: www.weddingboatpuntacana.com Additional info: http://www.mywedding...tail.php?id=178 Forum: http://debsdrtravels...ead=6083&page=4 Video:    There's tons of info and posts about the boat on the BDW site

#10 Team Brinkman

Team Brinkman
                    • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

We also booked the boat, but for our "rehearsal" dinner. We wanted to do something a little different for our guest away from the resort. Flori has been amazing to work with, she is very punctual with responding to e-mail. The boat is also extremely reasonable for what you get. I couldn't find an excursion that would cost us less so we went with the boat. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users