Photo

APRIL 2013 BRIDES

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Lindsay Green

Lindsay Green
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi All,   We are getting married April 24, 2012 at Now Larimar. 4 Months to go super excited.... I feel like its crunch time for working out to get in shape! When is everyone booking a fitting for their wedding dresses? I booked mine for January as the place I go to said three months in advance is good for the first fitting. Seems soon to mee.....  Mandie89

We have the same date and a jan fitting. Congrats!!

#22 uhura526

uhura526
    • 330 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

This thread was started in the Dominican Republic thread but I see everyone now is joining in who has an April wedding so I'll put my hat in.  I'm getting married in Grand Cayman on April 19, 2013.

My dress is already here as I got it last month from China. I will probably try it on maybe in February to see if I need to make any last minute changes but as of now it fits perfectly. 

#23 MandieTOFF

MandieTOFF
      • 53 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi Uhura congrats and happy planning:) Do you feel you are ready?

Lindsey Green: That's awesome we have the same dates! I am actually going to change my January 12 fitting because I want to try to lose a couple more inches before the fitting so I am thinking that the first week of February I will change my appointment for. I feel like there is so much to do but can only do little bits at a time due to money restrictions but its slowly coming together. :) What does your dress look like?

Mandie

Amanda Tofflemire

#24 uhura526

uhura526
        • 330 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by MandieTOFF 

Hi Uhura congrats and happy planning:) Do you feel you are ready?

Lindsey Green: That's awesome we have the same dates! I am actually going to change my January 12 fitting because I want to try to lose a couple more inches before the fitting so I am thinking that the first week of February I will change my appointment for. I feel like there is so much to do but can only do little bits at a time due to money restrictions but its slowly coming together. :) What does your dress look like?

Mandie

Ready as I'll ever be! lol

#25 MandieTOFF

MandieTOFF
          • 53 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

LOL I know it feels like its taking forever for the time to go by but im sure once its here it will feel like a snap of a finger:) 

Amanda Tofflemire

#26 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
            • 562 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
            • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

I actually had a mini freak out yesterday when I realized I only have 16 weeks to do everything. I still have to: get my dress altered, choose rings, FI needs to get his suit (been bugging him about this for months), finalize music, write vows, finish DIY projects and OOT bags (have been waiting on final RSVP number for this) and lose 15 pounds. No big deal! Ahhh!

#27 uhura526

uhura526
            • 330 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

I actually had a mini freak out yesterday when I realized I only have 16 weeks to do everything. I still have to: get my dress altered, choose rings, FI needs to get his suit (been bugging him about this for months), finalize music, write vows, finish DIY projects and OOT bags (have been waiting on final RSVP number for this) and lose 15 pounds. No big deal! Ahhh!

oh you'll be fine!  Most of those tasks are not going to take much time to do. The final headcount thing though, join the club on that lol  I hate waiting for the RSVPs!

#28 Barash

Barash
              • 72 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

My planning is a breeze. Well, with only 14 persons invited and up to 4 expected there is not a lot to worry about. ;)

The date is booked, the invitations are sent out.

Got the reception dress this week. Not alternations needed! Will order the ceremony dress next week.

Still have to:

- Order FI linen shirt, pants and shorts

- Choose rings

- Choose/write vows

- Make my birdcage veil

- DIY bouquet and bout

- Buy new camera and book rental lenses

14 weeks to go and I'm not stressed even a bit. The last month is going to be crazy though with all the final touch ups!

#29 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
                • 562 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
                • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

oh you'll be fine!  Most of those tasks are not going to take much time to do. The final headcount thing though, join the club on that lol  I hate waiting for the RSVPs!

It's driving me nuts! So much of the planning and DIY stuff depends on that final headcount. Money for our hotel rooms is due by Feb 22, 2013 so I still have a bit of time. But that number also affects our budget since our wedding package is for 20 people and we pay extra for every person over that. So far we have about 22 people who have sent in RSVP cards, but hardly anyone has actually reserved a room. And I'm still waiting on many more RSVP cards. Argh!

#30 Asia Pimentel

Asia Pimentel
                • Vendor
                • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hello brides! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! If you are getting married in Dominican Republic and  you haven´t hired your photographer yet, we would like to cordially invite you to see our work and if our images speak to you and you feel that our photography is awesome and passionate and that it is what you deserve for your special day then don't wait and let us know about it! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users