Photo

Typical Budget?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

Hi all, Was wondering which if you ladies may have a guest budget of around 1500-1700. To those of you who do, which resort have u found to be most fitting? We are finding that even though a resort may fit with our wedding budget ($15 000), we then see that guest costs aren't within our ideal lines. We do NOT want to ask people to put up more than 1700. But then I also find that with resorts and having 50 people, the wedding budget gets out of control with the supper and alcohol costs per person over X number in the package. Appreciate any and all feedback from u lovely ladies :)

Is the budget for 7 nights? A suggestion would be to have your TA prepare a package for 5 nights and give your guests the option to add additional nights. That way your package won't sticker shock them. Hope that helps!

#32 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
    • 223 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Our guests price was 1735 but they had to pay up front otherwise it went up to 2135, this was a problem for some of the people we invited. It worked out in the end but if I could redo it, I'd pick a cheaper hotel... Problem is I didn't know about the "early booking bonus" and totally sold the fiancĀ© on the hotel and then he refused to change our pick... Ugh.. It was stressful. We were thinking if taking the free package and adding on a reception, but the package didn't include any photos. Turns out to add on a reception is about $2000. If we did that, we can't really spring for a photographer, so we ended up picking the "ultimate" package that has EVERYTHING. Lol. But it has a reception, and photos.. So I'm happy. The package is 3000. So our two trips are 3470, plus we are paying the extra 200 his mom has to pay to have her own room.. So 3670 now. Plus our package 3000. Plus my dress 860. Nothing else bought yet. I'm guessing about $10000 at the end of the day.

#33 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
      • 223 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Our guests price was 1735 but they had to pay up front otherwise it went up to 2135, this was a problem for some of the people we invited. It worked out in the end but if I could redo it, I'd pick a cheaper hotel... Problem is I didn't know about the "early booking bonus" and totally sold the fiancĀ© on the hotel and then he refused to change our pick... Ugh.. It was stressful. We were thinking if taking the free package and adding on a reception, but the package didn't include any photos. Turns out to add on a reception is about $2000. If we did that, we can't really spring for a photographer, so we ended up picking the "ultimate" package that has EVERYTHING. Lol. But it has a reception, and photos.. So I'm happy. The package is 3000. So our two trips are 3470, plus we are paying the extra 200 his mom has to pay to have her own room.. So 3670 now. Plus our package 3000. Plus my dress 860. Nothing else bought yet. I'm guessing about $10000 at the end of the day.

#34 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
        • 315 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Anasteele- sorry I forgot to mention this! We had thought 6 nights but will see what 5 can do! Thank u! What resort did u use/plan to use?

#35 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
          • 315 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hezmshaw thank you for that perspective and for all our helpful info! Would u mind sharing what resort u booked at?

#36 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
            • 223 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Dreams Tulum :) I'm excited about it, it has some great reviews and my friend has been there, and my TA so I'm confident it will be great but like I said, in retrospect I might have booked somewhere a little cheaper.

#37 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
              • 315 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hezmshaw, I am beginning to see that the process of DWs always bring their hiccups, including guests not being happy about this or that. We can only do the best we can and I am so sure u and your partner will have the time of your lives!!! I have also seen great things with the dreams resorts, was looking at their packages this evening! Do u mind me asking where else perhaps a bit cheaper u had been looking or would consider?

#38 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
                • 381 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

Anasteele- sorry I forgot to mention this! We had thought 6 nights but will see what 5 can do! Thank u! What resort did u use/plan to use?

Haven't book yet. Its between Royal PDC and Riu Palace RM. We are waiting on a few final figures. :)

#39 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
                  • 223 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hezmshaw, I am beginning to see that the process of DWs always bring their hiccups, including guests not being happy about this or that. We can only do the best we can and I am so sure u and your partner will have the time of your lives!!! I have also seen great things with the dreams resorts, was looking at their packages this evening! Do u mind me asking where else perhaps a bit cheaper u had been looking or would consider?

I was considering Azul Sensatori, monitor bar?? Yes please! Lol. The price was actually quite similar but there was no requirement to pay up front or else pay way way more.

#40 misbosox

misbosox
                    • 294 posts
                    • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
                    • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

This is also what I'm afraid of. We have similar budget. My concern is the added costs for over 40 guest count and the cost for my guests to stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users