• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by akh
    Ummm, hi neighbor - we live at Ohio and Noble. LOL - small world!
    ohhh my gosh that is 2 blocks away! how funny! well that is good to know! we can meet up for wedding talk! or at j patricks for drinks- have you been there before?

#22 andreslove

andreslove
    • 227 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:17 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm from Chicago as well, it really is a small world! But to answer your original budget question...my budget was for $11,000, but it looks like that won't be enough. I find it so interesting, I thought just my closest friends and family would be able to come, but I'm finding that more and more people are planning to make it a weekend getaway. We sent invitations out and in the first week we had about 10 people RSVP. In fact, we haven't received any regrets yet. So, I believe after all is said is done it will be between 15 - 20K.

#23 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:18 PM

WOW Ann & Natalie! How fun that you guys live right down the street. What a trip.

#24 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Natalie M
          ohhh my gosh that is 2 blocks away! how funny! well that is good to know! we can meet up for wedding talk! or at j patricks for drinks- have you been there before?

Have I ever been to J. Patricks? Ummm yes, quite a few times, actually! Often enough that one of the bartenders saw Paul and I moving a couch into his place, saw that I was struggling a little, and came out to help! It's a favorite place of ours ...

Sorry ... I know!

#25 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:57 AM

Aw Man you guys are so lucky, I want a mexico bride friend to meet up with for a beer and wedding talk.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#26 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
            • 163 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

Ha ha...I am so jealous of your closeness I am tempted to drive down from Milwaukee and meet you for that drink! J/K but what a small world.

Anyway, we started with a budget of $20,000 split between our parents and that includes our wedding trip to mexico with 70 people and a low-key AHR for 150. Needless to say we are now up closer to $30K when you factor in helping our bridal party, paying for the honeymoon, my dress, wedding bands etc...

My feeling is that there is a trade-off between paying more yourselves and having your guests pay more with the higher room rates at an AI. We decided to pay more ourselves and save them some money. But this is still less expensive than doing a full blown wedding at home in Milwaukee where we figured we would have invited 400+ people!
              Jen & Aaron
              January 13, 2007

#27 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JENGONDA9
                Ha ha...I am so jealous of your closeness I am tempted to drive down from Milwaukee and meet you for that drink! J/K but what a small world.
                Well, Paul and I are in the process of moving back to MN (where I was born and raised, I've lived in Chicago only a year or so). I think Milwaukee is on the way! lol

#28 pmkaraan

pmkaraan
                • 171 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

I'm hoping to stay under 15k including flight & hotel stay. We will only be having around 30 guests so hopefully we stay within budget.

#29 JSLM

JSLM
                  • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'm hoping that my wedding will be less then 20K but i think with travel expenses, OOT bags etc, I'm now hoping it does stay under 25k

#30 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
                    • 315 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hi all, Was wondering which if you ladies may have a guest budget of around 1500-1700. To those of you who do, which resort have u found to be most fitting? We are finding that even though a resort may fit with our wedding budget ($15 000), we then see that guest costs aren't within our ideal lines. We do NOT want to ask people to put up more than 1700. But then I also find that with resorts and having 50 people, the wedding budget gets out of control with the supper and alcohol costs per person over X number in the package. Appreciate any and all feedback from u lovely ladies :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users