• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smlalwz

• 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hello everyone!

My fiance Drew and I got engaged this past weekend, but we have been talking about a destination wedding in Punta Cana for some time now.  I am having a difficult time narrowing it down to a particular resort, as most have great reviews!  Anyone have suggestions on a resort or how I should narrow this search down!?!?  The process has just begun and I am already feeling a bit overwhelmed!  Any suggestions are welcome!!!

#2 anom11999

• Banned
    • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

Congrats on your engagement!

Punta Cana is a beautiful location for a destination wedding and the beaches are stunning! My advice is to figure out what is most important to you and that can usually help narrow down the resorts. I have my favorites, but it will depend on what your expectations are for your wedding :) Some of the key factors to decide are:

- Wedding Budget (this will vary from resort to resort)

- Travel Budget (for you and your guests)

- Size of the resort (some people look for a huge resort with tons to do, some couples prefer a smaller, more intimate resort)

- Legal, symbolic or religious ceremony (this is important to decide because there are restrictions to where a Catholic ceremony can take place. If you want to get married on a beach, it can't be a Catholic ceremony)

- What kind of guests are you expecting? (Adults only, lots of kids, singles, families, partiers? This will make a big difference)

- Where have you stayed before? What did you like or dislike about that property? (This is a huge indicator for me because it tells me what caliber of resort my clients are really looking for)

I know this is a lot to process, but it should be helpful in the decision. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Happy planning :)

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

Congrats Smlalwz and welcome to the forum! You'll find some great tips and helpful suggestions here......all the best :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 alpwedding2013

• 94 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Congrats on your engagement!  I'm new as well but have already found plenty of helpful info.  Best of luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users