Congrats on your engagement!
Punta Cana is a beautiful location for a destination wedding and the beaches are stunning! My advice is to figure out what is most important to you and that can usually help narrow down the resorts. I have my favorites, but it will depend on what your expectations are for your wedding Some of the key factors to decide are:
- Wedding Budget (this will vary from resort to resort)
- Travel Budget (for you and your guests)
- Size of the resort (some people look for a huge resort with tons to do, some couples prefer a smaller, more intimate resort)
- Legal, symbolic or religious ceremony (this is important to decide because there are restrictions to where a Catholic ceremony can take place. If you want to get married on a beach, it can't be a Catholic ceremony)
- What kind of guests are you expecting? (Adults only, lots of kids, singles, families, partiers? This will make a big difference)
- Where have you stayed before? What did you like or dislike about that property? (This is a huge indicator for me because it tells me what caliber of resort my clients are really looking for)
I know this is a lot to process, but it should be helpful in the decision. Please let me know if you have any questions!