Sign in to follow this  
Wisco4

We have found our location!!!!

I finally have a chance to post about our site visit to Los Cabos!

We nailed down our wedding location as well as our WC, hotel, rehersal dinner and flowers! This is such a huge relief woot2.gif

So after looking at several venues we hands down decided on Sunset da Mona Lisa for our wedding location. It could not be more perfect!

We decided to hire Amy Abbott from Fiestas Los Cabos for our WC..she is so down-to-earth and sweet! She "gets" us and the vision for our wedding.

We will most likely be staying at the Riu Palace because although Dreams was great, the Riu is in a much better location and we know that the size will accomodate our large group.

And our rehersal dinner will be at Edith's. They were remodeling when were visited but we just know it will be beautiful and the menu looks awesome.

Aaaahhh, I can't believe we have all of this nailed down! It feels very real now!

Congrats on finding your place. I know how relieved you must feel. I recently got back from a site visit too and it is definitely a must for those struggling to make a decision on the location. Pictures and other people's reviews are very helpful but unless you see it for yourself, you just can't be certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco4 View Post
I And our rehersal dinner will be at Edith's. They were remodeling when were visited but we just know it will be beautiful and the menu looks awesome.

First off, congratulations! I was just in Cabo over the weekend and was thinking about you doing your site visit...so glad you found a place you loved!

Can you tell me more about Edith's renovations? I love that place, and we're taking our parents to dinner on the Wednesday of our wedding (before guests arrive) and didn't know about any renovations?

Any help would be appreciated...sorry for the hijak!

I don't think it's anything major. We discovered that September is the time of year that most businesses close down to do major cleaning, painting, updating, etc. It looked like they might be hanging some new lanterns, doing something to the floor and maybe bringing in new furniture. The place was pretty cleared out when we were there and there were a lot of people working on the place. We didn't talk to the owner, Amy just took us there and we walked through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak27 View Post
First off, congratulations! I was just in Cabo over the weekend and was thinking about you doing your site visit...so glad you found a place you loved!

Can you tell me more about Edith's renovations? I love that place, and we're taking our parents to dinner on the Wednesday of our wedding (before guests arrive) and didn't know about any renovations?

Any help would be appreciated...sorry for the hijak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisco4 View Post
I don't think it's anything major. We discovered that September is the time of year that most businesses close down to do major cleaning, painting, updating, etc. It looked like they might be hanging some new lanterns, doing something to the floor and maybe bringing in new furniture. The place was pretty cleared out when we were there and there were a lot of people working on the place. We didn't talk to the owner, Amy just took us there and we walked through.
Ok great, just wanted to make sure...yeah, everywhere we visited was doing some upkeeping...definitely off season!

Can't wait to hear more about your planning!