Photo

Anyone do cupcakes?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WildAngel09

WildAngel09
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Did any of you ladies do cupcakes instead of a cake?

We have ordered ours from GiGi's cupcakes, but Im wondering what we do as far as "cutting the cake" and what about that anniversary tradition where you eat the top layer?

Any help?

#2 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
    • 338 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hey wildangel!

We wanted to do a cupcake tower instead of the traditional cake too! Only after reading reviews from past brides our resort's cupcakes aren't good, boo =( But, as part of our wedding package, we receive a "sweetheart" cake, which is a small heart shaped cake. We'll be having ice cream bar & fondue instead of cake, but we're using the heart cake specifically for cutting of the cake & a few pictures. Since dessert includes cake & creme brulee, we didn't think having more cake would be worth it. I'm not too traditional of a bride, so I really didn't even think of the anniversary cake you're supposed to have. We can't bring any food back to the states, so we'll probably have a cake when we return to NY. From that cake, we'll probably save a slice to have a year later if anyhting.

Hope this helps =)

Originally Posted by WildAngel09 

We have ordered ours from GiGi's cupcakes, but Im wondering what we do as far as "cutting the cake" and what about that anniversary tradition where you eat the top layer?

Any help?

#3 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
      • 458 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

When my mom got remarried, she had a tiered cake stand with cupcakes on them for guests and at the top of the cake, had their small cutting cake.

Any help?

#4 WildAngel09

WildAngel09
        • 82 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thank you!!  An ice cream bar and fondue sound amazing!!!

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Hey wildangel!

We wanted to do a cupcake tower instead of the traditional cake too! Only after reading reviews from past brides our resort's cupcakes aren't good, boo =( But, as part of our wedding package, we receive a "sweetheart" cake, which is a small heart shaped cake. We'll be having ice cream bar & fondue instead of cake, but we're using the heart cake specifically for cutting of the cake & a few pictures. Since dessert includes cake & creme brulee, we didn't think having more cake would be worth it. I'm not too traditional of a bride, so I really didn't even think of the anniversary cake you're supposed to have. We can't bring any food back to the states, so we'll probably have a cake when we return to NY. From that cake, we'll probably save a slice to have a year later if anyhting.

Hope this helps =)

#5 WildAngel09

WildAngel09
          • 82 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

I love those cupcakes!!!  Are the decorations white chocolate?!

#6 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
            • 458 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yes, the "shells" on the cupcakes were made of white and raspberry chocolate and the "sand" was actually brown sugar. The pillars were from michael's and we filled them with actual sand and shells. The cupcakes were vanilla and chocolate, but their cutting cake I think was Funfetti! HAHA I guess my mom's husband also wanted a wedding pie so they had a pie on hand as well LOL.

Originally Posted by WildAngel09 

I love those cupcakes!!!  Are the decorations white chocolate?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users