55 replies to this topic

#31 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    I just signed up too ... but I'm also tracking at SELF.com: Fitness, Health, Exercise, Nutrition, Diet from SELF Magazine if anyone's interested in that site. they have giveaways everyday for anyone who tracks their food intake and exercise.
    This is kind of what I am doing, but mainly for the accountability of exercising since I have to log it. I am not good at following their suggestions, so it's nice I can log the elliptical an weightlifting or other activities. I am doing the tone instead of lose now... I could stand to lose a few, don't get me wrong...

#32 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

Ok, so I'm really proud of myself. My boss just came around offering chocolates to everyone . . . and I TURNED HIM DOWN. WHOOHOO!!!!

Baby steps people, baby steps.

#33 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:20 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JenandBrendan
        Ok, so I'm really proud of myself. My boss just came around offering chocolates to everyone . . . and I TURNED HIM DOWN. WHOOHOO!!!!

Baby steps people, baby steps.
        Great job Jen! Chocolate is the other crack in my life. I so miss it...

#34 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:24 PM

OK - So I know I said I'm IN for the challenge BUT since I already track my food/points on WW (or at least I'm supposed to) I'm not sure how much I can post on Spark (though I did sign up).

Anyway I went to WW this week for my weigh in and I gained a pound. So that means a gain two weeks in a row (I gained 0.6 last week). I know it doesn't sound like that much but it feels like a lot!

I have been really bad with my food and exercise recently so my goal for this week is to:

TRACK ALL MY FOOD

I know it sounds dumb but it is so hard for me to do this once I go home or once the weekend comes...
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#35 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:28 PM

I have actually gotten to the point where if I can't easily enter my food onto the website calculator then I won't eat the food. Its crazy but if its not easy to enter then it probably isnt that great for me to be eating!!

#36 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by chprfan
              I have actually gotten to the point where if I can't easily enter my food onto the website calculator then I won't eat the food. Its crazy but if its not easy to enter then it probably isnt that great for me to be eating!!
              Ha! That is a funny method! How do you put in food that you prepare that have multiple ingredients?
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#37 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

If its salads and stuff then its pretty easy and I have been trying to eat some really healthy stuff...lots of veggies, fruits, yogurt, chicken just to kick start my start my metabolism. I have to do all or nothing otherwise I fall off the wagon too easily

#38 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

Quote:
                  Ok, my friend at work gave me a book to read called "Skinny Bitch." Has anyone read it I'm only on chapter 2 but it's harsh!!!! The writing is funny, and the strategy is all about Tough Love when it comes to thinking and eating like a skinny bitch.

Apparently diet soda is not only making me fat, but unhappy too. WOW!!!
                  I just finished reading it. It definitely makes you think.
                  Michelle

#39 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by gkashmira
                    Ha! That is a funny method! How do you put in food that you prepare that have multiple ingredients?
                    There is actually a recipe calculator - and you can save your recipes. I started doing this b/c I would've gone nuts otherwise. I put all the ingrediants in, how many servings (which is usually 3 at our house - 1 for me, 2 for FI), and it calculates the nutritional info. You can then add it to your daily meals.

#40 starfish kate

starfish kate
                    • 455 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:24 AM

Quote:
                      LOL!!! It totally is!!!! I once gave up diet coke for over 6 months. The first week or two were the toughest since I was losing my caffine high, but then it got better.
                      I don't smoke, I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but I drink SO MUCH Diet Coke!! I am going to start weaning myself off of it after this weekend so I will need some support... If I can quit Diet Coke, I can do anything, right?!
                      Kate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users