Photo

October weight loss challenge...

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 bride_2_b08

bride_2_b08
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hi ladies i'm in!!! This is just what I need for some motivation!! Thanks for starting this. I have been trying soooo hard to stick to my diet (very strict) and exercise at least 5 days a week, but man is it tough especially with no workout buddy. This will definately help me YAY!!!

For the question on diet soda- I was told to limit it to a couple glasses a week. My old trainer said to stay away from sweetners b/c they can realiy hinder weight loss.
    HIKING IN BLUE MOUNTAINS AUSTRALIA

#22 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:15 PM

ok i'm totally in for 5 lbs...

i checked out and signed up for sparkpeople but i got annoyed with the website.

#23 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

I don't think we need to use sparkpeople to do this challenge... I really like the nutrition and exercise trackers, but the message boards are a little tough to navigate, especially at first. We could certainly do it on here, just keeping each other motivated :) For those that joined or are already members, we have a BDW team, so come find us! I find my hardest times to watch what I eat are at work (I do shift work) and there is ALWAYS junkfood around. I've been good today though :)

#24 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

For anyone who hasn't found it yet (and wants to):

Main site: Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

BDW Team: BDW Gals SparkTeam

We can definitely support each other on here for those that are using other systems :)

#25 NYJen

NYJen
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

Ok, my friend at work gave me a book to read called "Skinny Bitch." Has anyone read it I'm only on chapter 2 but it's harsh!!!! The writing is funny, and the strategy is all about Tough Love when it comes to thinking and eating like a skinny bitch.

Apparently diet soda is not only making me fat, but unhappy too. WOW!!!

#26 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JenandBrendan
              Ok, my friend at work gave me a book to read called "Skinny Bitch." Has anyone read it I'm only on chapter 2 but it's harsh!!!! The writing is funny, and the strategy is all about Tough Love when it comes to thinking and eating like a skinny bitch.

Apparently diet soda is not only making me fat, but unhappy too. WOW!!!
              What a great book title! I'll have to look for that. I pretty much lived on Diet Coke, but I've gone cold turkey for the last 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good. The first few days were tough, but I feel better now. I'm really trying to up my water, and its getting easier.

I just got back from the gym and did really good today. 40 minutes of cardio and strength training today! I'm tired, but feel good :)

#27 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

I went last night to the gym before class and did 45 minutes on the treadmill..a little over 4 miles!

#28 NYJen

NYJen
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hopels
                  What a great book title! I'll have to look for that. I pretty much lived on Diet Coke, but I've gone cold turkey for the last 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good. The first few days were tough, but I feel better now. I'm really trying to up my water, and its getting easier.

I just got back from the gym and did really good today. 40 minutes of cardio and strength training today! I'm tired, but feel good :)
                  I'm having a hard time giving up the diet coke. That's my one vice. I can give up the junk food, I just LOVE my diet coke. I buy a 20oz bottle everyday with lunch. Today, I dumped some of it out before I started drinking it. My friend who gave me the book said, "It's better off in the garbage than on your A$$." Good point.

#29 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chprfan
                    I went last night to the gym before class and did 45 minutes on the treadmill..a little over 4 miles!
                    Great job!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JenandBrendan
                    I'm having a hard time giving up the diet coke. That's my one vice. I can give up the junk food, I just LOVE my diet coke. I buy a 20oz bottle everyday with lunch. Today, I dumped some of it out before I started drinking it. My friend who gave me the book said, "It's better off in the garbage than on your A$$." Good point.
                    I hear ya... I think diet coke was the only thing I drank for a long time. Working out really helps me to drink the water. And I honestly couldn't just cut down my diet coke. If I drink it, I want more. Its like liquid crack - lol.

#30 NYJen

NYJen
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hopels
                      Its like liquid crack - lol.

LOL!!! It totally is!!!! I once gave up diet coke for over 6 months. The first week or two were the toughest since I was losing my caffine high, but then it got better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users