October weight loss challenge...

Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
I just signed up too ... but I'm also tracking at SELF.com: Fitness, Health, Exercise, Nutrition, Diet from SELF Magazine if anyone's interested in that site. they have giveaways everyday for anyone who tracks their food intake and exercise.
This is kind of what I am doing, but mainly for the accountability of exercising since I have to log it. I am not good at following their suggestions, so it's nice I can log the elliptical an weightlifting or other activities. I am doing the tone instead of lose now... I could stand to lose a few, don't get me wrong...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendan View Post
Ok, so I'm really proud of myself. My boss just came around offering chocolates to everyone . . . and I TURNED HIM DOWN. WHOOHOO!!!!

Baby steps people, baby steps.
Great job Jen! Chocolate is the other crack in my life. I so miss it...

OK - So I know I said I'm IN for the challenge BUT since I already track my food/points on WW (or at least I'm supposed to) I'm not sure how much I can post on Spark (though I did sign up).

Anyway I went to WW this week for my weigh in and I gained a pound. So that means a gain two weeks in a row (I gained 0.6 last week). I know it doesn't sound like that much but it feels like a lot!

I have been really bad with my food and exercise recently so my goal for this week is to:

TRACK ALL MY FOOD

I know it sounds dumb but it is so hard for me to do this once I go home or once the weekend comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chprfan View Post
I have actually gotten to the point where if I can't easily enter my food onto the website calculator then I won't eat the food. Its crazy but if its not easy to enter then it probably isnt that great for me to be eating!!
Ha! That is a funny method! How do you put in food that you prepare that have multiple ingredients?

If its salads and stuff then its pretty easy and I have been trying to eat some really healthy stuff...lots of veggies, fruits, yogurt, chicken just to kick start my start my metabolism. I have to do all or nothing otherwise I fall off the wagon too easily smile78.gif

Quote:
Ok, my friend at work gave me a book to read called "Skinny Bitch." Has anyone read ithuh.gif I'm only on chapter 2 but it's harsh!!!! The writing is funny, and the strategy is all about Tough Love when it comes to thinking and eating like a skinny bitch.

Apparently diet soda is not only making me fat, but unhappy too. WOW!!!
I just finished reading it. It definitely makes you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
Ha! That is a funny method! How do you put in food that you prepare that have multiple ingredients?
There is actually a recipe calculator - and you can save your recipes. I started doing this b/c I would've gone nuts otherwise. I put all the ingrediants in, how many servings (which is usually 3 at our house - 1 for me, 2 for FI), and it calculates the nutritional info. You can then add it to your daily meals.

Quote:
LOL!!! It totally is!!!! I once gave up diet coke for over 6 months. The first week or two were the toughest since I was losing my caffine high, but then it got better.
I don't smoke, I don't drink a lot of alcohol, but I drink SO MUCH Diet Coke!! I am going to start weaning myself off of it after this weekend so I will need some support... If I can quit Diet Coke, I can do anything, right?!