October weight loss challenge...

Jenn

Hi ladies i'm in!!! This is just what I need for some motivation!! Thanks for starting this. I have been trying soooo hard to stick to my diet (very strict) and exercise at least 5 days a week, but man is it tough especially with no workout buddy. This will definately help me YAY!!!

For the question on diet soda- I was told to limit it to a couple glasses a week. My old trainer said to stay away from sweetners b/c they can realiy hinder weight loss.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need to use sparkpeople to do this challenge... I really like the nutrition and exercise trackers, but the message boards are a little tough to navigate, especially at first. We could certainly do it on here, just keeping each other motivated :) For those that joined or are already members, we have a BDW team, so come find us! I find my hardest times to watch what I eat are at work (I do shift work) and there is ALWAYS junkfood around. I've been good today though :)

Ok, my friend at work gave me a book to read called "Skinny Bitch." Has anyone read ithuh.gif I'm only on chapter 2 but it's harsh!!!! The writing is funny, and the strategy is all about Tough Love when it comes to thinking and eating like a skinny bitch.

Apparently diet soda is not only making me fat, but unhappy too. WOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendan View Post
Ok, my friend at work gave me a book to read called "Skinny Bitch." Has anyone read ithuh.gif I'm only on chapter 2 but it's harsh!!!! The writing is funny, and the strategy is all about Tough Love when it comes to thinking and eating like a skinny bitch.

Apparently diet soda is not only making me fat, but unhappy too. WOW!!!
What a great book title! I'll have to look for that. I pretty much lived on Diet Coke, but I've gone cold turkey for the last 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good. The first few days were tough, but I feel better now. I'm really trying to up my water, and its getting easier.

I just got back from the gym and did really good today. 40 minutes of cardio and strength training today! I'm tired, but feel good :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopels View Post
What a great book title! I'll have to look for that. I pretty much lived on Diet Coke, but I've gone cold turkey for the last 2 weeks, and I feel pretty good. The first few days were tough, but I feel better now. I'm really trying to up my water, and its getting easier.

I just got back from the gym and did really good today. 40 minutes of cardio and strength training today! I'm tired, but feel good :)
I'm having a hard time giving up the diet coke. That's my one vice. I can give up the junk food, I just LOVE my diet coke. I buy a 20oz bottle everyday with lunch. Today, I dumped some of it out before I started drinking it. My friend who gave me the book said, "It's better off in the garbage than on your A$$." Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chprfan View Post
I went last night to the gym before class and did 45 minutes on the treadmill..a little over 4 miles!
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendan View Post
I'm having a hard time giving up the diet coke. That's my one vice. I can give up the junk food, I just LOVE my diet coke. I buy a 20oz bottle everyday with lunch. Today, I dumped some of it out before I started drinking it. My friend who gave me the book said, "It's better off in the garbage than on your A$$." Good point.
I hear ya... I think diet coke was the only thing I drank for a long time. Working out really helps me to drink the water. And I honestly couldn't just cut down my diet coke. If I drink it, I want more. Its like liquid crack - lol.