Samuel Luna Photography Contest - Free Wedding Photography! [CLOSED]

alyssaw

“A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." -Eudora Welty

Photography is the most important factor in my wedding. I completely agree with Eudora Weltyâ€s statement above on photography—it is the only accessory in our wedding that could keep those moments from running away. These photos will capture the most important part of our lives together—the public declaration to our loved ones on our eternal commitment to one another. I don't have many pictures of my parents together but there is 1 album I can always count on to look back on: their wedding album. My mother past away when I was 9 years old. I thank god that my six siblings and I have those pictures to look back on and that we can relive the love that they had for each other with that single album.

My father moved to Mexico about 2 and a half years ago to take care of my elderly grandmother.  I live in Chicago with all of my siblings and have been able to visit my dad only once since he left. It is almost impossible to get my whole family to take a trip to visit him. I look forward to my wedding day because it will be one of the only times where our whole family could get together as one to witness the beginning of one of the most important chapters of my life.

With the moral and financial support of my family, my fiancé and my fiancés family, I will be able to have the wedding of my dreams in Xcaret. I look forward to capturing these moments. Iâ€ve learned that life is short and when we no longer can have those that we love by our side, photographs keep those memories alive. I look forward to reliving the memories that our union will bring!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photography has always been important to my fiancé and me.  There is a difference between a snapshot taken by chance and one which has been carefully executed.  The consideration of light, placement and the feelings conveyed are so important in photography yet it seems often overlooked.  For our wedding we want to have photos that reflect the spirit of the day – the love we share with each other, the happiness felt by those present and the fun memories made.  As a destination wedding means that not everyone is able to join us in Mexico I think photography that conveys the feelings, emotions and sense of commitment shared on our wedding day is an essential part of sharing our day with friends and family at home.  I know that my memories of our wedding day will be cherished but having spectacular photographs to accompany those memories and share with friends and family will only serve to enhance our special day.   

With Thanks!

Photography at our wedding is very important to us because it will allow us to relive the moments over and over.  Documenting  each moment of the wedding day is priceless and cannot be duplicated.  The photos will tell our love story. They will capture the scenic beauty of the location, details and the emotions of us and family and friends.

My fiance and I always carry our cameras everywhere we go and take a lot of pictures.  He made me a book with pictures of our dates. I look at that book all the time!  It takes me back to those happy moments.  It's amazing how much one can forget about a certain event, but one look at a picture brings all the memories back.  

Being able to have amazing photographs of the most important day in our lives means everything to us.  Much of our family will be unable to attend because of financial situations or disabilities and we would love to be able to replay this day to them upon our return. 

Hola! I want to thank each and every one of the contestants for such beautiful entries. Know that all you have shared, your connection with my work, your opinions, emotions, wishes, dreams, vision, and struggles, all of it, It's so very close to my heart, and I am so thankful for it. I already feel like there must be dozens of finalists. Selecting the winners will be such a difficult task.

From the bottom of my heart, Gracias!

• 2 weeks later...

Hola Everybody! I'm truly honored by the overwhelming response to the contest. I spent the weekend getting to know amazing people, from very different backgrounds, and got to know each one of you on a very personal level.

I wanted to let you know that all of the listed winners went above and beyond, and what all you have done was taken into account, from writing and submitting your beautiful entries, to following me on Facebook, to liking my photos, to commenting on my blog, to writing essay-long emails about you, your wedding, and your connection to my work. Your fiancee's involvement was also very important.

The goal of the contest was for forum users to get to know my work, and that objective has been achieved in an amazing way.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you!  Know that I appreciate deeply all of your efforts. In light of which, I have decided to increase the number of runner up prizes, as a token of my appreciation for your efforts.

First Prize winner: EVKnowsitall

Runner up winners:

Piercejs

ladybugg

Lcb803

Yzzel 

michele318

Isabel Lemus

imnotarunner

mayralina

Lisa-B

Thank you all very much, looking forward to chatting a bit more with you!

Hola Samuel,

This is GREAT NEWS! Both Ali and I are extremely grateful and excited for this great opportunity.

Thank you once again for offering this contest, reading all the reviews, and most importantly for giving us a call and wanting to know more about us, it is great to see how much you care and how passionate you are with your wok.

We will definitely be in touch!

Isabel and Ali