DestinationGirl
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Nice job!

#12 lyna89

lyna89
    • 70 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I love these beach bags! I so wish I knew how to sew! Awesome job with them!

#13 agm04

agm04
      • 548 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lyna89 

I love these beach bags! I so wish I knew how to sew! Awesome job with them!

Thank you! I'll probably be selling some once we have RSVPs totally sorted out. :)

#14 kempe811

kempe811
        • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Can you put on the measurements or how you made these!?!? I love them!

#15 kempe811

kempe811
          • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Would you be willing to share the measurement?!?! How did you make these. They are great, LOVE them

#16 kempe811

kempe811
            • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Could you share the measurement?!?! I would love to re-create these!!

#17 nadine2014

nadine2014
              • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Love these how did you make them?!

#18 agm04

agm04
                • 548 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

I would be more than happy to share except I don't really know.  Haha.  We didn't *really* use a pattern, but this is close to what we did.  I looked around for a tutorial to share but nothing was very similar.  This is the closest one.  http://www.designspo...-beach-bag.html  Our process went like this:

1. cut the pet screen (I don't have measurements bc we ended up with several different sizes - i think our smallest ones are 19 inches wide and around 14 tall?  don't quote me on that.)

2, pin the ribbon or whatever you're using down the middle (I marked a straight line with chalk first)

3. sew the ribbon on

4. fold a little lip down, pin, and sew, on both ends so you don't have things poking out on the top edge

5. using a REALLY GOOD grommet tool or REALLY GOOD giant hole punch, make holes and install grommets.  I honestly don't recommend this because it was a huge pain in the *ss but I do like the way it looks.  I also went through LOTS of hole punchers before I found one that worked, because none of the grommet tools I tried were sharp enough to get through 2 layers of pet screen AND the ribbon.

6. sew up the sides (when you're done the bag should be inside out)

7. sew a diagonal triange thing at each bottom corner (this is optional, but gives the bags a rounded look and reinforces the corners)

8. turn it inside out/now it's actually right side out (sorry if i'm not making sense, this is hard to explain)

tie your handles on.  i reinforced my knots with super glue just so they wouldn't slip out.

hope that helps! 

#19 agm04

agm04
                  • 548 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Over on the OOT bag thread I posted the vendors and price breakdown.  http://www.bestdesti...-beach-bags/20 

#20 mormac01

mormac01
                    • 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

This is a great idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users