• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iddress

iddress
  • Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Good evening, ladies!

I'm getting married next year in August and have been looking for a honeymoon

destination that isn't wracked with bad weather because of monsoons or hurricanes.

We're looking for a place to spend roughly 12-14 days with a combination of beach,

activities, and day trips.

What places would you avoid? Where would you go? We're working on options first.

We've already been to Greece, Jamaica, the Bahamas, the Caymans, Mexico, etc. So

we're looking for something else! Any suggestions and help would be great - we're

kind of getting lost with options and aren't sure what to do because we don't know

if we should go somewhere after I move (my fiance and I will be living in London)

or leave after the wedding from Michigan.

#2 imjalar

imjalar
    • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

If I were you, I'd go directly from your wedding in Michigan to Mackinac Island, Michigan.  It's close, so you don't have to hassle an airport, flights, time chages, etc.  You can just get there quickly and start your HM immediately.  And they have everything you are requesting there.    Or if you are determined to go far away on a plane, go to San Diego,.  Weather is always perfect, and they have a delightful mix of beaches, museums, sports, day trips, etc.  We HMed there. 

#3 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
      • 438 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Depends on your vacation style and budget, here are a few options I am sure if you get a travel agent they would be able to recommend some others

Napa Valley, Ca

Hawaii

Alaskan Cruise

Bariloche, Argentina

Bangkok, Thailand

Australia

Tahiti

#4 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
        • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

how much money are you looking to spend and what type of vacation are you looking for (relaxing adventure etc)

#5 lkminga

lkminga
          • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi ………………!   We took a 14 day honeymoon in CA last year, in 14 days we had 20 minutes of rain. We flew into San Fran from Detroit, spent 4 nights there, rented a convertible, and drove down the coast of CA on the Pacific Coast Hwy all the way to Coronado Bay near San Diego, and returned to Michigan from the San Diego airport. Multi-city flights are not that much more than round trip. We stayed at various places along the way (Carmel, Santa Barbara, Malibu, then Coronado). The views are fabulous, there are plenty of beaches (though we are not beach people), we did the Hollywood touristy stay, went to the Monterey Aquarium (best I've ever seen).   You've traveled to a lot of great destinations, so this might be a bit boring to you, but for us it was perfect.   If you want more info, just send me a private message via link below with your email address and I can send you some info. The email address is important because without it I can't send you anything. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users