NUGGETS on How to Calculate a budget for a wedding in Puerto Vallarta or Mexico

These are some general guidelines to prepare an estimate or your "mas o menos" budget for your destination wedding when it is not in an all-inclusive hotel scenario or a restaurant. I assume other venues are similar in the way they operate so this could be handy for you even if you are not choosing Martoca Beach Garden as your venue for your wedding.
The venue should rent here in Puerto Vallarta area for 2,200 to 5,500 dollars on a beach front setting. The price also depends on wether it is a weekday or a weekend since weekdays are usually half price. Some places are villas so they charge you 5 night stays mandatory which could cost up to 10,000 a night for the villa which has many rooms.
The catering may vary from 30 dollars a person to 150 dollars a person. This includes tables, chairs, dinnerware and service andall that is needed for catering and the banquet setting. Anything more and you are paying way too much. Unless of course a world class chef is doing the cooking and even then it would have to be a 6 or 7 course dinner.
The Open bar should cost from 25 dollars a person for beer and wine and soft drinks to 55 dollars for a specialty bar and a full premium bar with top notch liquors. A decent average bar should be 35 usd per person for 8 hour open bar.
DJ and dace floor for 8 hours should cost you from 800 usd up to no more than 3,000 usd with all included for a big nightclub setting with LED lighting, strobe lights, smoke and whatever else you can think for entertainment.
The ceremony gazebo should cost anywhere from 300 dollars and up since this varies with taste and decorations. Mostly flowers can make the biggest difference in cost. A simple setting should be 300 usd.
These are the core items for a wedding in a venue. Wedding planners charge 10% of the total cost of the wedding or they may charge a flat fee. A good fully bilingual coordinator will charge about 2,000 dollars for a good quality wedding. There are others who may charge 1,000 dollars but the service will be lacking much promptness and they will not be able to speak English effectively.
There are however wedding designers who charge 5,000 or 6,000 dollars for there services. it really depends on your budget and your desire for special decorations. Most of the extra cost is spent on flowers and special decorations or handmade items. It definately makes a difference but if you just want a great party with good food and drinks and excellent music and fun the whole enchilada should run you on average about 200 dollars a person for a very nicely decorated wedding wit great quality food and service.
Happy hunting for your perfect spot that suits your budget.

www.martoca.com is a wedding expert in Puerto Vallarta. However most pricing is similar in Mexico.

Boda-TheEventMexico--7919.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics