Photo

Why Iberostar?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stinky

Stinky
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hello Brides2B, My Sweetie and I are planning a DW for April or May 2013. We've cruised and vacationed in the Bahamas, but we've never been to Jamaica. We too am leaning toward Iberostar. For those of you who have settled on this resort please share why you've chosen this resort over the others. Thanks!:D

#2 Kassi22

Kassi22
    • 135 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

I choice Iberostar Rose Hall Suites because I trust the Iberostar Name (stayed at others). I researched and found the the reviews where overall solid, and it had benefits I wanted (ie, kid friendly, distance from airport, price, etc etc)

I have been to the Caribbean a lot, about 15 times, so I new I wanted to get married here, however, Jamaica is new to us. We wanted something different, we wanted to make a new memory and we heard great things about Jamaica. So we thought, Why not! It fit our criteria, so we booked it up. Really, we only had a few options that would work for us.

If you are looking for a place. Do up your list of must haves, things you can't live without, then location, price, and then research experiences and go on that. Honestly... the hardest part I found was picking a place.. but I did pick a place that we agreed on.. we tried to make 'most' people happy.. knowing we would not make 'all' people happy (as that's impossible IMHO :) ) I have not felt regret yet, and I don't think I ever will.

Good luck!!

#3 albellis

albellis
      • 146 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

I chose Iberostar because I also have stayed at other Iberostar resorts and received really great service and had a wonderful time. We knew we wanted an all-inclusive resort that wasn't too expensive, and I really liked the fact that the Iberostar only has one wedding per day.

Originally I was looking into resorts in Negril, however there are a lot of people coming to the wedding that haven't traveled internationally before. I didn't want to stress them out with the long drive to the airport (I think it's about 2 hours) on top of already having to get to the airport early to catch an international flight. I like that Iberostar is closer to the airport (20 mins), but not as close as others that are only a few minutes, where you might hear airplanes coming and going.

PS - if you are set on April 27, 2013 as your date, I will be getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach on that day. I'm not sure if the Suites or Grand are booked yet. Maybe I'll see you down there if you end up choosing Iberostar around that day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users