mimiq
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Looks great!  

#12 NikC

NikC
    • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I love that Jim Hjelm on you, great choice. May I ask how much you paid for it? I'm thinking of getting it for myself :) wondering if it fits in the budget

#13 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
      • 562 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
      • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I love that Jim Hjelm on you, great choice. May I ask how much you paid for it? I'm thinking of getting it for myself :) wondering if it fits in the budget

Sorry I just saw this! I paid $2100 for it with tax. It was normally over $3900. If you're in LA I definitely recommend checking out Glamour Closet, where I got my dress!!

#14 Mimi127

Mimi127
      • 221 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

You look beautiful in that dress. It's so important to try on different styles because you never know what looks good on you.

#15 JA2012

JA2012
        • 334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I like # 2 & #3. But I am a big fan of lace. If you can't refund # 2, I'd say don't get #3. It's a dress you'll wear one day for about 6hrs. And you'll look stunning regardless. :-)

YOu will probably have more of a hassle trying to sell the original dress because ppl will think it's a knockoff or that something is wrong with it. When I bought my dress...and it took me awhile before i could commit to one dress... the sales lady told me when you pay your deposit, you are essentially committing to the dress. At that point you STOP looking. It was hard to do but there are so many other things to do when planning a wedding you just need to focus. Shoe shopping is also a lot of fun, btw. :-)

#16 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
          • 177 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

I actually loved the first dress more than the second, but your updated dress looks beautiful too!! Yay... congrats on finding "The One"!

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#17 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
            • 562 posts
            • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thanks ladies for the input!! Yeah it turned out that the bridal shop would not refund any of my money for dress #2 since I'd already paid in full. I will pick it up this month when it arrives and then I have to try and re-sell it. :( But it's OK because I'm happy with #3. That first pic I posted is kind of a horrible pic. Here's a better one (only slightly better. weird lighting/coloring and fuzzy.)

P.S.-- FI brews beer and saves the old bottles to disinfect and re-bottle with his own brews. I swear we're not just alcoholics who always have bottles littering our floor. :)

#18 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
            • 955 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

i love the understated elegance of this dress and it's perfection on you.

#19 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
              • 562 posts
              • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

i love the understated elegance of this dress and it's perfection on you.

Aww thank you!!

#20 kellip17

kellip17
              • Site Supporter
              • 64 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

I love it and it looks great on you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users