Newbie :\ Barcelo Maya Colonial, April 2013

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jpie

jpie
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hello!

So I have been perusing this site now for some time and am just now signing up. I am overjoyed that I ever came upon this website as it has up to this point helped me out extensively :) The only thing is, i'm planning my wedding at Barcelo Maya Colonial and am having a hard time finding much about the resort/weddings here..? I've found Barcelo Maya Palace but not Colonial and am a little nervous as it is planning a wedding somewhere I won't be until just a few days prior. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks so much!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Welcome to the forum Jpie, and congrats on your wedding ahead. Lots of great info here ,and also some helpful suggestions on choosing the right resort for you on our website. Check it out, and all the best!

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 lcshea123

lcshea123
      • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi there! My name is Lindsay. I am actually getting Married at The Barcelo Maya Resorts on January 17th. We decided to stay at the colonial so we didnt exclude any guests that wanted to stay on a budget. anyhow, I was lucky enough to be working for Delta Vacations when I booked out wedding. Funny enough I worked as a designer on destination weddings and decided I wanted a family friendly place to get married at. We settled on the Barcelo resorts.

Anyhow, my mom and I took a trip down there in may to check out the resort. It's sooooo pretty! we actually saw a few wedding at the resort during our stay. We picked out a place that is more secluded closer to Barcelo Caribe and Beach. There are only people people on one side of you unlike the Tropical wedding spot where there are people bathing in the sun on both side of you. I honestly didnt like the beach location that the Tropical and Colonial offer. 

Sorry, I would write more but I am off to bed! Good luck! 

#4 christiewedding

christiewedding
        • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hey,

I wish that I could have visited the resort prior!!!  We have had friends stay in this resort and all had great reviews though we too are hesitant with the lack of planning being done prior.  We are having a hard time figuring out times for the itinerary and where to go after the reception...let me know if you have any questions or if you come across any suggestions for us...we are getting married on April 17th.

So exciting!

#5 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
          • Vendor
          • 210 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by jpie 

Hello!

So I have been perusing this site now for some time and am just now signing up. I am overjoyed that I ever came upon this website as it has up to this point helped me out extensively :) The only thing is, i'm planning my wedding at Barcelo Maya Colonial and am having a hard time finding much about the resort/weddings here..? I've found Barcelo Maya Palace but not Colonial and am a little nervous as it is planning a wedding somewhere I won't be until just a few days prior. 

Thanks so much!

Congratulations jpie!
            Barcelo Maya Colonial is such a beautiful place! I'm sure you'll find here all the info you need :)

welcome and enjoy your stay here

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#6 jpie

jpie
            • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thank you so much for the insight lcshea123! How was your wedding there in January?? I hope everything was just perfect and how you'd imagined.
              My date is coming so soon and of course i'm getting more nervous about schedules since again I will only have 48 hours prior to the wedding to really make sure everything is perfect.

#7 rivieramaya2014

rivieramaya2014
              • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jpie 

Hello!

Thanks so much!

when was/is your wedding?! i did lots of research on the beach/colonial/tropical and it was such a tough decision to figure out which one we wanted to stay at!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users