Picking the right resort(s)... to please everyone

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sstrass1

• 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Please help!!! Half of our family refuses to stay anywhere but an adults only all inclusive resort, and the other half of the family has kids and cannot leave them home. Does anyone know of "sister" resorts that are close to each other so family can attend the wedding, and can travel between the two?

#2 agm04

• 548 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

I think the Dreams (kids allowed) in Cabo is related to Zoetry (adults only) - I can't remember the details, but I think it's walkable?  The only thing is that if you hold the wedding at Zoetry, Dreams guests will need a pass that you will have to pay for.  If you hold it at Dreams, the Zoetry guests can go for free.  Hope that helps/makes sense.

#3 forevertogether

• 317 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 7, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Gran Porto Real--Playa del Carmen

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

The Gran Porto Real and Royal in Playa del Carmen are sister resorts... GPR is kid friendly where the Royal is adults only, but Royal guests have full access to GPR (but not other way around-unless they pay for best rooms) so the wedding could be at GPR and the Royal guests could come for the festivities. 

#4 Kyliewylie

• 153 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Now Amber
      • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

The NOa Amber and Secrets are side-by-side in PV, and one if fid-friendly, the other is adults only...you can even go to the restaurants in each of them no matter which one you are staying at, as long as you don't have kids with you

#5 ChristienEarnest

• 183 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

Why do family have to make things so difficult....plan your wedding the way you want too.

I will be setting up bookings at one resort and if they don't want to stay there, then they are on their own.

#6 malyna

• 346 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

@ChristienEarnest I think that is smart way to do it

#7 kmk2016

• Moderators
        • 1,468 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
        • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

karisma resorts have sections of the resort reserved for adults only- allowing them to have child free restaurants, pools and room areas... Azul Sensatori may be worth you looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 rvalenka

• 353 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
        • LocationLexington, Kentucky, United States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

I went to a wedding in Jamaica and half of the group stayed in the adults only Sandals and the rest of the group stayed at Breezes. It worked great for everyone. They had an offsite Catholic Church wedding and had their reception at Breezes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 FutureMrsGlover

• 284 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 10, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort and Spa Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

I am having a hard time know with planning because I have parents who are refusing to fly.   My mom wants me to do a cruise wedding which is not my vision at all.   But of course since she is my mom, I am weighing those options.  My first choice is Jamaica.  ;)

#10 colivia

• 150 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

Our travel agent is amazing!! She gave us all the information we needed in order to choose the best resort for us & our guests. I suggest reaching out to a travel agent. Patty Jordan with Wright Travel is phenomenal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users