Photo

Parasol v. Bouquet for BM's - Costa Rica Budget Wedding

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 AllieRay

AllieRay
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Love your colors, tangerine and fuschia! You all have been really helpful. I think the parasols are winning! Although my MOH isn't too fond of the idea...but at least she loves her dress :) 

#12 AllieRay

AllieRay
    • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Thanks Jreist! I am strongly considering letting the flower girls throw silk petals down the aisle.  I know real flowers are lovely and all, but it's such an expense for a small amount of time and just to step all over them. I am much more budget minded than I would have imagined myself being (if you knew me you would know how true this statement is lol..)! Thanks for all your advice.

I like the bouquet for the bridesmaids! I looked into this as well. 

I think that overlooking the jungle is my favorite, however it may be where the reception will be. I can't decide...although my coordinator is pushing for all decisions to be done by the end of August. 

#13 TrishaJ34

TrishaJ34
      • 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

I've seen some really cute pinwheels done! Especially with an island breeze. I'm starting to explore alternatives too. I'll have between 4 and 6 bridesmaids, which has the potential to be a small fortune in fresh flowers. Would you have the girls walk with the parasols open? The shade factor could be really nice!

#14 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I made corsages for the bridesmaids and also got them parasols. It turns out the resort wasn't going to charge too much, but that is okay, we like the parasols anyway. 

The corsages were super easy to make, and since I used materials I already had, they were free.

#15 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I made corsages for the bridesmaids and also got them parasols. It turns out the resort wasn't going to charge too much, but that is okay, we like the parasols anyway. 

The corsages were super easy to make, and since I used materials I already had, they were free.

#16 AllieRay

AllieRay
            • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

I didn't realize this was going to bring such supportive responses! I think I've decided on the parasols.  I showed the fiance some tonight and he really likes it. They are going to have something like the corsages, but I'm not very DIY (although I wish I was) so I'll get those from her but still substantially less expensive than the bouquet! Thanks :) 

#17 cheflady

cheflady
              • 153 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

I like both and think you can't go wrong with either!

#18 MissFifi

MissFifi
                • 66 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I love the dress in the pic!!!  Who is the designer and where did you get it?!

Originally Posted by jreist 

Hi! 

I think going down a day early is a fabulous idea!!! Wish I'd thought of that.

I bought my flowers in store, at Winners (same store as the HomeSense). This is what they look like: http://www.bestdesti...t/display_order

Yea they are silk. 

I don't have any flower girls coming, but will have someone put silk flower petals down the aisle before we all come down. 

My bouquet will be the only real one.

I love the idea of overlooking the jungle for the ceremony!!

#19 Ploman

Ploman
                  • 425 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

It's BCBGeneration and I got it at The Bay in Edmonton, Canada. I've seen it online though at amazon

Not sure if this works but its this dress: http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B006D9V1KA

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#20 cheflady

cheflady
                    • 153 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

i think either would look nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users