Photo

What should FI's female attendants wear??

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PlayaNovia

PlayaNovia
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:53 PM

OK -
    the FI just decided he wants his two female friends from college to stand up on his side. So he now has a best man, and 2 "best women" (or whatever they're called). Question: what do they wear?

Neither of them is going to want to wear the dress I have picked out for my girls. And I don't really see them wearing white shirts and khaki trousers like the guys. So...do I just leave it up to them? Do I make suggestions?

FI suggested sarongs but that's just a smidge too informal for my taste. We have loads of time to decide, but I'm just sitting here wondering what they'll wear! Because, you know - I worry about random crazy junk like that....
    Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
    --Robert Frost

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

oh that's a toughie, can you pick out a nice dress in the same color but a different style or something?
    why wouldn't they want to wear the same ones as your bm's?
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 cessyboston

cessyboston
    • VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:56 PM

i love linen that would look beautiful............
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#4 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:00 PM

oh, I had this problem!! The groomsmen wore white shirts and khaki pants, so we found a light khaki dress for the groomswoman. It was a bit hard to find, but I think it was from LandsEnd or somewhere for pretty cheap. And she looked like she belonged on the guys side. She held flowers like my BMs though.

#5 PlayaNovia

PlayaNovia
        • 67 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:08 PM

Because both women are plus-size, one has had children and would feel self-conscious in this: Jim Hjelm Occasions

Our colors are bright orange with accents of lime green. But I'm keeping the accent color in the florals because I don't want everything to look like a fruit salad. My girls will be in a mango color dress and carrying white/green flowers.

I like the idea of a khaki linen dress. And Lands End has lots of sizing options too. Thank you!

ETA: Janet1111 - your wedding photos are GORGEOUS!! I *HEART* your sash. My dress has a sash too. :) And the khaki grooms-woman dress is fab! Me likey that idea!!!
          --Robert Frost

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:09 PM

I always thought for a traditional wedding, a black dress works well for grooms women. So for a beach wedding, khaki makes sense. I like when guys have girls on their side & vis versa.

#7 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

Ya sure... why can't they wear a white or khaki dress to "match" your groom? Sounds like it'd be nice to me! :)
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:13 PM

I went & looked at janet's pics too. I think the khaki dress looks great.

#9 PlayaNovia

PlayaNovia
                • 67 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

Weeeeeeeeellll....I don't want them wearing ALL white. I'm just a nut like that. But khaki - yep, I'm on board with that!
                  --Robert Frost

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:16 PM

that's what i was going to suggest too - a khaki/white dress in a style they'd be comfy in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users