Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Brides 2013

Originally Posted by albellis View Post

Hi Jnunez! I'll be getting married 2 weeks after you on April 27th :)  I am planning to take my centerpiece candles with me in my luggage - same reason, Tai Flora's quotes were too high for me. She was charging $45/centerpiece and I was able to pick up the items for $12/centerpiece. Last time I traveled to Mexico, I picked up a gel candle in the airport and had it in my carry on not realizing we had to go through security again once we had our layover in the US. They told me I could put it in my checked luggage, just not my carry on (because of the gel). But since they were the ones that mentioned to put it in checked luggage, I guess there is no problem with candles.

Thats awesome im getting married on April 23, 2013...close....Is anyone using the resturant for dancing as well? Im trying to decide if we are gong to do that. My cousin got married at the bahiah....and they just paid to extend the time they got the resturant ...and danced there....Does anyone know if the Cajan resturant would have space for that? Does it sound like a decent idea or would you just go with the Disco? and how much does the Disco cost for the couple hours?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! I am getting married shortly after you on April 27 and will be arriving on April 24, also at the Beach. It's going to come up so quick! I already submitted the details sheet to the resort, but it sounds like the WC reviews everything with you on-site anyways and I'll probably check that they have everything set sometime in March just to confirm. So I have been focusing more on the items that I have control over such as our attire, flowers (I'm bringing real touch bouquets & bouts), centerpieces for Uncle Tony's reception (I'm bringing the items for ours as it was a less expensive than renting through Tai Flora), our pre-travel packet, and finalizing details for our at home reception. We have a smaller group going, probably 15-20 people.

What time are you planning to hold your ceremony? I was originally going to have it at 5pm, but my photographer seemed concerned about the amount of time for pictures before the sun sets. I have decided to move the time up to 4:30pm to be safe.

Sorry i didnt see this before i posted the other one..i didnt realize my first post had posted...What do u mean detail sheet? I submited a sheet with my credit card and stuff to confirm the day but thats all i did. I was sent all the inforamtion on what to get and stuff but thats it....IS there a sheet you fill out to pick a bunch of the stuff? ....I had put on our invitations that we are getting married at 4...but i did that just to put a time..i think we are gonna delay it till 4:30 ..i will be discussing that with oru photographer on skype. We have decided to go with Brian Nejedly ...www.briandesign.com... so i will ask him what he thinks is best

Welcome! I am getting married shortly after you on April 27 and will be arriving on April 24, also at the Beach. It's going to come up so quick! I already submitted the details sheet to the resort, but it sounds like the WC reviews everything with you on-site anyways and I'll probably check that they have everything set sometime in March just to confirm. So I have been focusing more on the items that I have control over such as our attire, flowers (I'm bringing real touch bouquets & bouts), centerpieces for Uncle Tony's reception (I'm bringing the items for ours as it was a less expensive than renting through Tai Flora), our pre-travel packet, and finalizing details for our at home reception. We have a smaller group going, probably 15-20 people.

What time are you planning to hold your ceremony? I was originally going to have it at 5pm, but my photographer seemed concerned about the amount of time for pictures before the sun sets. I have decided to move the time up to 4:30pm to be safe.

I didnt realize you had posted this when i just submitted my post. I didnt think my frist post posted lol.

What do u mean by a details sheet? I confirmed the date and saved it with a credit card and got confirmation that the date was booked. They didnt send me a details sheet i dont think? I got all the inforamtion about pricing. Whats the detail sheet involve?

Not sure yet what time we are going to get married we put 4 on the invations just to put something. We are going to talk to our photographer before we figure it out. We have booked Brian Nejedly  www.briandesign.com we are having a skyp meeting with him sometime soon thats going to be one of the things we discuss. Im sure he woudl knwo best what time  we shoudl get married.

wrap your wedding bouquet in a hotel towel and pack it in the middle of your suitcase. Do not declare it on your customs card, and Voila!! your bouquet makes it home in one piece!! Make sure you get it out of your suitcase when you get home, or it will get moldy wrapped in a towel!!

Mine travelled home very nicely!

hi all! new to this thread didn't realize there was a specific one for beach brides :) is anyone staying at the suites but getting married at the beach resort? I think that's what we're going to do because our date for november is not available but want to see if anyone else is.. I just hope there won't be any added stresses with it being not in the same resort. I wouldn't think there would be but who knows.. things start to add up! :) thanks for any help! happy planning!

Originally Posted by nattiejamrock View Post

hi all! new to this thread didn't realize there was a specific one for beach brides :) is anyone staying at the suites but getting married at the beach resort? I think that's what we're going to do because our date for november is not available but want to see if anyone else is.. I just hope there won't be any added stresses with it being not in the same resort. I wouldn't think there would be but who knows.. things start to add up! :)

thanks for any help! happy planning!

Hi Nattiejamrock,

We are getting married on March 23 2013 at the Beach, but are staying at the Suites (and then the Grand for our Honeymoon). Right now my plan is to get ready in one of my bridesmaid room that plans on staying at the Beach, but if she ends up staying at the Suites I have read they are very accomodating and with cart me over to the Beach, so I don't become a hot mess from trucking across the beach...We are getting there three days before the wedding so I plan on meeting withe the WC when we get there and going through everything. I am trusting that everything will go as planned!

thanks for the response! are the majority of your guests staying at the suites resort as well? i'm currently being told if atleast 80% of my guests stay at the beach resort it won't be a problem for our wedding to be at the beach resort and for us to stay at the suites resort but i think we'll all be staying at the suites. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Albellis,

I am getting married April 26th at the rose hall beach resort, the night before you:).  Ive read some of your posts and what you are doing sounds very similar to what I am doing.  Maybe we can share the cost of extra flowers/ decor.  I am still up in the air with what I am doing for flowers.  I want real flowers but as you know Tai Flora is expensive.  I liked the real touch flowers you posted.  Anyways just wanted to reach out to you and see what you think.  Lets chat and help each other with some planning :)

Its getting closer and so many questions are popping up for me.  Are you feeling the same way or do you have everything pretty much done?

Hi! I may have to spy on your wedding and take notes, haha. What colors are you using for your wedding? I'm orange and pink/fuchsia. I'm trying to keep the costs down, so I'm not doing too much above and beyond what the resort provides. So I'm bringing my flowers, as you already saw, and my centerpieces. I'm also planning to bring chair sashes in my colors. It doesn't look like we will have 25 people down there with us, so I guess we will just be set up in their restaurant wherever they put us. I'm planning for a U-shape set up, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

I don't recall if I already posted the centerpieces on here or not, so here is what I am planning to do: