Photo

2013 Majestic Elegance Brides

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#131 nthompson5

nthompson5
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

what was the price difference between a private reception and the semi private reception? I was first considering a private reception at the wet bar but it seemed quite expensive compared to have a non private dinner at no extra cost.

#132 butterflyeyes

butterflyeyes
    • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hi Ladies! Newbie to the website here :)

I'm getting married at Majestic Elegance on Tuesday, May 21st at the Gazebo for 1pm.

We're having a cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres at the piano bar from 5:30-7pm.

Dinner is semi-private at the See and Sea at 7pm.

Reception at the Parrots Bar from 8:30/9pm.

Our wedding colours are Apple Green and Fuschia Pink

Save the dates were given out at our Engagement Party in October.

Invites were just sent out this week (we had them made through www.weddingpaperdivas.com) and our RSVP is for February 1st.

Wedding website www.crepuljaandfontes.ourwedding.com

We're pretty excited! Have 30 guests booked so far and are expecting around 40. It's a good amount - not too big, not too small :)

Are any of you nervous about the not so great reviews online about the resort? I've travelled to many all inclusive's in the Caribbean and for the price, you would think ME would have stellar reviews....

What are your thoughts? Any feedback from brides who have had their wedding at ME? :)

Tanya

#133 kayjim1118

kayjim1118
      • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

My wedding is May 22,2013 at 1pm small ceremony...will be there May 16-27....anybody else have a wedding in that time frame??? Kayla

#134 Ty Roane

Ty Roane
        • 160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Has everyone seen the new beach gazebo? It's pretty much a gazebo on the beach. Guest are still in the sand, but everyone else is under the gazebo. You can't have the old beach set up. So my vision of saying my vows in the sand can't happen. So disappointed!

#135 Ameralusion

Ameralusion
          • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

You can still say your vows in the sand :)

#136 chrystine888

chrystine888
            • 93 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by kayjim1118 

My wedding is May 22,2013 at 1pm small ceremony...will be there May 16-27....anybody else have a wedding in that time frame???
              Kayla

Our wedding is May 13th, but we will be there until the 19th :-)

#137 castoiretejada

castoiretejada
              • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi..Lisa Arnaud was my wedding coordinator. What that yours as well?  She no longer works at the Majestic Elegance.  What have they done to accommodate you?

#138 castoiretejada

castoiretejada
                • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tink 

Hi Britney!

I'm also a Majestic Elegance bride for 2013. Your website looks awesome! Here's how my planning is going so far:
                  Date: Monday August 5, 2013 Gazebo (Catholic wedding)
                  Time: 5 pm although I have 4:30 on the invites so it can start on time :)
                  Reception: 7-11 pm. Private dinner and reception at the Ballroom (air conditioning a plus!)
                  Colors: purple, lavender, white, grey
                  Save the dates: Mailing out next week
                  Invites: Already ordered, printed, and received, will mail out in November, RSVP by June 3rd( two months prior to wedding.
                  DJ: DJ Mannia
                  Photogragher: HDC Photography including Trash the Dress Session
                  Welcome Bags bought, still need to figure out what to put in them though.
                  Frames for table numbers bought
                  Favors chosen but holding off on ordering until I have a final headcount.
                  Main Coordinator contact: Lisa

Hi Tink,

Lisa Arnaud was my wedding coordinator. What that yours as well?  She no longer works at the Majestic Elegance.  What have they done to accommodate you?

#139 butterflyeyes

butterflyeyes
                  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hi Kayla,

My wedding is May 21, 2013. We're there for one week from the 19th. Where are you having your ceremony?

#140 Tink

Tink
                    • 160 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by castoiretejada 

Hi Tink,

Lisa Arnaud was my wedding coordinator. What that yours as well?  She no longer works at the Majestic Elegance.  What have they done to accommodate you?

Hi Castoiretejada!

Lisa was my coordinator, and I now have Elaine Osorio as my coordinator. She's new to the Majestic Resorts, but she's been really responsive and helpful so far. All I did was email the same email I had been using with Lisa and asked who my new coordinator was, and about a day later someone responded with her name and that she'd contact me soon. About a day later, she contacted me and started answering all my other questions without missing a beat :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users