Photo

2013 Majestic Elegance Brides

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#111 pokeyholly

pokeyholly
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hey ladies! I thought I would introduce myself on here. We have our date at the Majestic, July 23rd 2013 ceremony at 3pm. I am so excited!!!! If I hadn't found this thread, I would've been at the Colonial. I fell in love with the Majestic but for some reason I thought it was adults only?? 

Anyway, I have booked Pastor York after reading great things about him on BDW. PhotoPhil leaves a week before our wedding so unfortunately we won't be able to book him. I asked him to refer me to another photographer and he hasn't responded in a while (Only 4 days but feels like eternity when you're planning a wedding lol). Any suggestions?

Also... I am having a really hard time deciding between having the ceremony on the beach and the gazebo.  I really wanted the beach but now I'm thinking that at 3pm, the beach will still be crowded and it'll be so hot. Decisions, decisions!! :-)

#112 pokeyholly

pokeyholly
    • 176 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bride2B0713 

Hi Ladies. So I wanted to get some ideas of what you ladies may be doing if there is a big gap between your wedding ceremony and your dinner reception. My ceremony is at 3:00pm. But the dinner isn't until 6:30pm. I'm assuming we'll be done by 3:30pm, then we can take group pics and some alone pics of my hubby and I. But what should I have my guests do until 6:30pm? Do any of you have this big of a time gap? And if so, what are you having your guests do in the meantime?

Hey !! My ceremony is at 3 at well. At first they were trying to give me a time of 1pm on a different day! That's way too early! I do think 3 pm is a great time (although 4pm would've been ideal lol). 

I'm haven't really thought of what do in the meantime either. Maybe a cocktail hour? It's not really enough time to get changed and go for a swim. Hmmm...I think the idea of having everyone meet for drinks is great. I think that's what we're gonna look at as well. :)  We'll be there til the 28th so maybe I'll see ya! 

#113 pokeyholly

pokeyholly
      • 176 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

I swore I responded to you, I guess it didn't go through last week though. :o( Yes ma'am! Those are my bags! :o)  And great choice for your bags! I bought those as well, just in case.  Those compacts are super cute!! I'm thinking I should add those to my bridesmaids make-up bags I'm making for them.   Being a thrifty bride is an awesome idea!  I've bought most off my things at HobbyLobby for 50% or 40% off and lots of OOT bag goodies at the $1 Tree. :o)

Love those buri fans.. I call them raffia fans, not sure why.. lol.. But I got 60 of them for an awesome deal. I got a coupon for $5 off plus free shipping, so if you haven't bought them yet, you may want to wait until they run that special again. :o)  I sat down and wrapped most of mine in one night. Super easy, and soooo cute.

Here is a pic. :o)

I LOVE these!!! They are super cute :)

#114 Newfiegirl40

Newfiegirl40
        • 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Check out our wedding website. So much fun completing this. just over 6 months to go!!! http://www.ewedding..../newfiebride40/

#115 pokeyholly

pokeyholly
          • 176 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Check out our wedding website. So much fun completing this. just over 6 months to go!!! http://www.ewedding..../newfiebride40/

Awesome website! So much info on the resort . I have yet to start mine :)

#116 chrystine888

chrystine888
            • 93 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

What is everyone doing for Groom/Groomsmen attire?  I would love for them to wear cream colored linen suits, white dress shirts and maybe a tie for a pop of color.  I am concerned that they may be too hot (May 13).  Has anyone found any good deals on linen suits?

#117 MissyBee

MissyBee
              • 176 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Have you checked out Studio Suits? They start at $99 and there is a lot of info on this site about them....

#118 chrystine888

chrystine888
                • 93 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Yes, I have noticed them!  It seems that they have gotten some good reviews!  Maybe I'll go ahead and get my FI's suit from them and if it works out I will get them for the other guys.  Uuufff!  So much to do!!!!

#119 Bride2B0713

Bride2B0713
                  • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by pokeyholly 

Hey !! My ceremony is at 3 at well. At first they were trying to give me a time of 1pm on a different day! That's way too early! I do think 3 pm is a great time (although 4pm would've been ideal lol). 

I'm haven't really thought of what do in the meantime either. Maybe a cocktail hour? It's not really enough time to get changed and go for a swim. Hmmm...I think the idea of having everyone meet for drinks is great. I think that's what we're gonna look at as well. :)  We'll be there til the 28th so maybe I'll see ya! 

Yes, they were trying to give me 11am or 1pm, but I definitely wanted something later...Cocktail hour is a good idea, but I think the Main Lobby ones open at 6pm? I really don't remember, does anyone know what time it opens? I'd rather tell everyone, please go meet at such and such bar after the ceremony, so the hubby and I can take pics. Not just go find a drink at whatever bar. LOL.

What are you doing for dinner and reception?

Attached Files

#120 Bride2B0713

Bride2B0713
                    • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

I swore I responded to you, I guess it didn't go through last week though. :o( Yes ma'am! Those are my bags! :o)  And great choice for your bags! I bought those as well, just in case.  Those compacts are super cute!! I'm thinking I should add those to my bridesmaids make-up bags I'm making for them.   Being a thrifty bride is an awesome idea!  I've bought most off my things at HobbyLobby for 50% or 40% off and lots of OOT bag goodies at the $1 Tree. :o)

Love those buri fans.. I call them raffia fans, not sure why.. lol.. But I got 60 of them for an awesome deal. I got a coupon for $5 off plus free shipping, so if you haven't bought them yet, you may want to wait until they run that special again. :o)  I sat down and wrapped most of mine in one night. Super easy, and soooo cute.

Here is a pic. :o)

These fans are awesome. Might be a silly question, but when you wrap them, how does the ribbon stay in place? Or were you able to wrap it tight enough so that it stays?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users