2013 Majestic Elegance Brides

Hi Tink, I am a NYC Bride as well. I was born and raised in Queens but moved to the Bronx a few years ago. I haven't settled yet and Majestic is holding my date and I only have a week to respond with confirmation to hold. I'm on the fence but you said you went to a wedding there and I wanted to pick your brain for a few of my concerns.  How many weddings happened the same day as the wedding you went to? I asked for a non-private dinner setup and they said I was not able to choose the location if it was a non-private event. I am concerned about there being multiple weddings on my same date and that being an issue in regards to getting my requested facilities. You clearly booked after getting married there which means you must have liked it. Also, did your friend incur a change in price from what she was originally quoted? A few brides complained that the WC's tried to switch prices once they had already agreed on a set price since there is no actual contract signing- one of the things that worries me. Thank you for whatever help you can provide! Evelyn
Hi Evelyn! Good to see another NYC Bride! I'll gladly answer your questions. We were at the hotel for 7 days and only saw one wedding each day as far as I can remember. Never did I see more than one. My friend's wedding there was the only one we saw that day as well. I didn't hear about any price changes either. The new pricing that came up is for 2012-2013 and the prices are pretty much the same. All they did was include the tax, instead of giving a price with 26% tax next to it. Also, they lowered the bridesmaids dress by $10. They're not $45 instead of $55. I did fall in love with this resort and I'll tell you why. First, this resort is on the Caribbean side of the island ( I also happen to be Dominican so it helps to know my country :) ) since its on the carribean side, the water is calmer, bluer and more carribean looking. The other resorts happen to be on the Atlantic side ( like Dreams Punta Cana) and the water resembles that of Jones Beach if you know what I mean. I also fell in love with this resort because it's more modern, in both the rooms and dining areas compared to the other resorts. Another reason is because it's right next door to its sister resort Majestic Colonial. In case people can't stay in the Elegance, they're right next door and not too far away. Also, their packages are more straightforward with less hidden fees and cheaper than the other ones I looked into. Hope this answers your questions, if you have anymore let me know :)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tink, I am a NYC Bride as well. I was born and raised in Queens but moved to the Bronx a few years ago. I haven't settled yet and Majestic is holding my date and I only have a week to respond with confirmation to hold. I'm on the fence but you said you went to a wedding there and I wanted to pick your brain for a few of my concerns.  How many weddings happened the same day as the wedding you went to? I asked for a non-private dinner setup and they said I was not able to choose the location if it was a non-private event. I am concerned about there being multiple weddings on my same date and that being an issue in regards to getting my requested facilities. You clearly booked after getting married there which means you must have liked it. Also, did your friend incur a change in price from what she was originally quoted? A few brides complained that the WC's tried to switch prices once they had already agreed on a set price since there is no actual contract signing- one of the things that worries me. Thank you for whatever help you can provide! Evelyn
I also forgot to mention that they may have explained it a bit wrong with the non private reception options. You can choose where to have it, but it's up to them to decide the availability of the restaurant and how many people can be there. So if you were to ask for a specific restaurant, they'd first see if its available and if it can accommodate your number of guests. I think this is because certain restaurants are closed on certain days for everyone. Including regular guests. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is after reading my pricing list. If anything, I'd ask for a specific restaurant again, give an approximate guest count and see what they tell you :)

Also, just so you girls know, if you're having a private reception, and pay per person, kids under 3 are free, and kids from 4-12 are half price $35. I was wondering how they would quote children who obviously wouldn't be eaten an adult plate and that's what my coordinator emailed me :)

D'aww, thank you!! :o)  I'm sure yours will look even better!! Yes, I purchased them from OT.com. I planned to wait til closer to time but with them being out of stock for what seemed to be ever, I figured I better stock up while they were back in. :o)  I doubt I need 60, but I figured I'd rather have too many than not enough. Boo about Hobby Lobby, but Ive heard great things about the Christmas store. I need to go check one out for OOT goodies. :o)    Believe it or not, I bought my ribbon for my fans at $1 Tree. I purchases the satin kind and I not sure how many rolls I bought.. I'm wanting to say I got 10 rolls of orange, and still have some left.. I should have done calculations when making them.. :-/ But one roll did quite a few. I learned after a few what length I needed, then started pre cutting strips rather than making a mess of my ribbon, which helped a ton!
Thanks so much for the info! I actually went ahead and ordered 5 dozens last night because you're right. They're always sold out and to see on that sight available is rare lol. I tried looking other places but they were too expensive. I can't wait to see them! Where are you storing them? I'm afraid they'll catch heat or humidity (it's so hot here lately) and they'll start to fold and bend. Where are you storing them?

Hi! I'm looking into Majestic Elegance for my destination wedding, I'm just confused about one thing...what does "Adults Only" imply? I will defintely be inviting my extended family's children but don't want to consider this as an option if kids can't come.  The photos on Orbitz.com show a kids activity center and the wedding coordinator I emailed is on vacation. Any insight is greatly appreciated!! (:

Originally Posted by tiffanyco View Post

Hi! I'm looking into Majestic Elegance for my destination wedding, I'm just confused about one thing...what does "Adults Only" imply? I will defintely be inviting my extended family's children but don't want to consider this as an option if kids can't come.  The photos on Orbitz.com show a kids activity center and the wedding coordinator I emailed is on vacation. Any insight is greatly appreciated!! (:

ME has an adults only section. So if your guests would like to be away from children, there is a section were no children are allowed, plus other perks. It just costs a little bit more. This option is called the Elegance Club. But to answer your question, children are more than welcome. :o) we too are having children attend our wedding.

Originally Posted by Tink View Post

Thanks so much for the info! I actually went ahead and ordered 5 dozens last night because you're right. They're always sold out and to see on that sight available is rare lol. I tried looking other places but they were too expensive. I can't wait to see them! Where are you storing them? I'm afraid they'll catch heat or humidity (it's so hot here lately) and they'll start to fold and bend. Where are you storing them?

A lady on another post said that OT told her they were sold out until January! I'm soo thankfull we went ahead and ordered ours. :o) I have already wrapped mine and I have them in a box standing straight up. I wish I would have waited on my bows because they now have creases.. I'll probably take them off, iron them out and reassemble the bows closer to our date or once we get to ME. I'm thinking about emptying a plastic storage bucket and laying them flat since we have several months to go. I think they are made well enough that they aren't going to get damaged. Also, far warning the sizes vary!.. I had some mini mini ones, but thought they would be cute for kids, but soo glad I ordered extra.

Tiffanyco I too have been planning my wedding at the Magestic Elegance and we are considering possibly changing our resort. We have children attending our wedding as well as their rates for. Holden are rediculously high. After contacting my travel agent he agreed. Their children's rates are extremely high..have you looked into that??

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

A lady on another post said that OT told her they were sold out until January! I'm soo thankfull we went ahead and ordered ours. :o) I have already wrapped mine and I have them in a box standing straight up. I wish I would have waited on my bows because they now have creases.. I'll probably take them off, iron them out and reassemble the bows closer to our date or once we get to ME. I'm thinking about emptying a plastic storage bucket and laying them flat since we have several months to go. I think they are made well enough that they aren't going to get damaged. Also, far warning the sizes vary!.. I had some mini mini ones, but thought they would be cute for kids, but soo glad I ordered extra.

I'm so glad I ordered mine when I did then. I just checked the site, and the fans don't even come up anymore. I read a few reviews that say the sizes do vary but are they really really noticeable?