Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#981 borgesn

borgesn
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

Did you decide on a resort?? That sounds like the Barcelo you are talking about. If it is you will be ok. You can actually put your wedding date on hold for 2 months until you book. My wedding date has been "on hold" since March and was worried about the same thing and just received an email that it is still on hold.

Hey Lori, Yes it is the Barcelo. I just got response back from WC and she told me not to worry. July 12th is now on hold and plenty of time slots available! Whew!!!!! :) do you mind me asking how much your guests are paying?

Attached Files

#982 LoriGran

LoriGran
    • 339 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
    • LocationMexico

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hey Lori, Yes it is the Barcelo. I just got response back from WC and she told me not to worry. July 12th is now on hold and plenty of time slots available! Whew!!!!! :) do you mind me asking how much your guests are paying?

OOH Great!!!!!!!! To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how much my guests will be paying since the flights for next year aren't out yet. However, I'm guessing (and crossing fingers) the rates will be similiar to this years. I'm going for a site visit next month ( I will be sharing pictures) and my fianc© and I paid $1050 for 4 days (flight, hotel, and shuttle) I am also staying at the Maya Palace which i believe is the top one out of the 5.

#983 heidi6487

heidi6487
    • 16 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 12, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Gazebo
    • LocationDreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hi everyone! I just sent my deposit in for June 2014 at Dreams Riviera Cancun! I am curious if people have suggestions for something to do besides a rehearsal dinner? Also, if I don't officially call it a rehearsal dinner but all my guests go to the same restaurant, will I be charged? Thanks! :)

#984 Cherina

Cherina
    • Banned
    • 636 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Did anyone head to Old Navy today for $1 Flip Flops??  If so, how did you make out?

Between my daughters and I we got 36 pairs. We are in Steaming Hot California so it's a staple and we also got some to be set aside for when we go to Jamaica.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#985 borgesn

borgesn
      • 22 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

OOH Great!!!!!!!! To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how much my guests will be paying since the flights for next year aren't out yet. However, I'm guessing (and crossing fingers) the rates will be similiar to this years. I'm going for a site visit next month ( I will be sharing pictures) and my fianc© and I paid $1050 for 4 days (flight, hotel, and shuttle) I am also staying at the Maya Palace which i believe is the top one out of the 5.

Ooh so happy to have found a July Barcelo Palace bride too! Yes, we want to stay at the Palace as well. Not sure about my guests. When my TA gave me some figures in Feb based on july 2013 she said 2100 for 5 nights per couple with taxes and transportation. I don't think that was including airfare. When I called last night rooms were $299 a night and you needed 25 rooms booked for group discount. We should only have about 20-25 people so that won't happen for us. I can't wait to see your photos!!!!!

#986 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
        • Community Manager
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cherina 

Between my daughters and I we got 36 pairs. We are in Steaming Hot California so it's a staple and we also got some to be set aside for when we go to Jamaica.

Oh my gosh!  That is amazing!!  I didn't dare go this morning because I figured it would be a mad house.  I did stop by later in the afternoon.... they didn't have any ladies sandals left except like one pair of brown size 11.   I did however get the 10 pairs I need for the men.  Maybe next year if I haven't found any for the ladies before hand I will brave it and go in the morning...  I wonder if I can beg anyone to go with me for back up LOL

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#987 Cherina

Cherina
          • Banned
          • 636 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Oh my gosh!  That is amazing!!  I didn't dare go this morning because I figured it would be a mad house.  I did stop by later in the afternoon.... they didn't have any ladies sandals left except like one pair of brown size 11.   I did however get the 10 pairs I need for the men.  Maybe next year if I haven't found any for the ladies before hand I will brave it and go in the morning...  I wonder if I can beg anyone to go with me for back up LOL

It is kind of a tradition for us we go every year. Flip flops and Black Friday.

#988 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
            • Community Manager
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

It is kind of a tradition for us we go every year. Flip flops and Black Friday.

Oh that is cute!  I never knew they did a $1 flip flop day... I just happen to see it somewhere - probably on this site.

I had thought about doing flip flops for my welcome bag but hadn't decided - I thought for a buck I couldn't really go wrong : )

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#989 Cherina

Cherina
              • Banned
              • 636 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

We live in the Sacramento Valley in California it's high 90s-113 from late March to November a colorful stock of flip flops is an affordable essential. We usually go about an hour before opening and wait to go. We all have color assignments and know the sizes we need in each color. They are 9 and 10 I trained the well!

#990 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
                • Community Manager
                • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

We live in the Sacramento Valley in California it's high 90s-113 from late March to November a colorful stock of flip flops is an affordable essential. We usually go about an hour before opening and wait to go. We all have color assignments and know the sizes we need in each color. They are 9 and 10 I trained the well!

That is super cute!  I love it - its things like this that kids are made for.. right? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users