Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

rayn ive been with my fi for 7 years and it was about freaking time!! Lol ive been engaged a yr. my life is being consumed with oot bags, bridesmaids tees, keycard holders, etc. My fi has been great in ok'ing everything tho lol. I posted a link to my invites on this thread, maybe less than 3pages back. if you can't find them, I'll post again tmw. Brown sugar, I really hope they work something out bc the unexpected fee is just unfair but I won't rile you up LOL. keep us posted please borgesn my wedding date is March 8 2014 & I can't wait!!! other resorts offer slightly better wedding packages but the rooms, service, ambience doesn't compare to Barcelo! kerp us updated on which resort you decide to book!

So torn about the OOT bags. I loooove the idea of handing them out as a welcome gift but then the fiancé shot down the idea. He says it will be too much to give to each guest and I should only give bags to the bridal party. Then looking thru the OOT bag threads they do seem to get a bit pricey. Anyone handing out to bridal party only?

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

Engaged less than 3 weeks. Picked date last night . October 31, 2014. Punta Cana . Halloweeeeeen wedding. Lol I'm gonna get a lot of hell for that one.

Welcome, I like it halloween anniversary will always be interesting..and yes hubby can never forget anniversary..Being a flight attendant must be fun getting to travel all over 

Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

Hey All : )

Just wanted to jump in and say hello - this thread seems to be active and I would love to make some connections!

I enjoy reading up on what others are doing and hope to share some of my planning as well!

As of right now I'm going to be a St. Lucia Bride in October 2014.  I haven't booked anything yet - but I've been planning for months and can't think of a reason why I would change my mind at this point.

Hopefully I will have time to book everything this weekend.  Kind of makes it real!!  hahehe Yay

Welcome to the board it is active and insightful..I love St. Lucia very beautiful.  it was my original choice for DW. What resort are you thinking if at a resort? 

Originally Posted by curlygirlnpearl View Post

Hey All!! :)

Wanted to jump in and introduce myself!! 

I'm a May 3, 2014 bride! Getting married at the Hard Rock Cancun!  You ladies are sooo on top of things! I have my dress and we've mailed our STD! Can't wait to get to know you all! Happy Planning

Welcome to you as well!  Your date is the day after mine.  

Hi fellow brides!

Long time no post :)

For those of you planning on St. Lucia, just beware of the flights! I had to change my entire plan because the flights were so expensive or unavailable from certain locations that it made it nearly impossible for a number of my guests.  Just check out the airfares as much as possible.  This is part of the reason that I changed my plan and actually lost my deposit that we made.  Broke my heart because I was DEAD set on St. Lucia and I LOVED my planner (Awesome Caribbean Weddings).

I'm having my reception and/or wedding at Jellyfish Restaurant now so i'm happy with my current planner and location but I was beyond stressed up until I made that last minute change of heart.

Good luck ladies!

Originally Posted by borgesn View Post

Hi Lori,

I have my heart set on July 12th (my moms bday) and right now I'm thinking Barcelo Maya Palace too. My concerns are:

Is July too hot for outdoor reception?

If not, is strawberry package too expensive?

Are there any resorts that might be a better fit for us?

Am I waiting too darn long and should I hurry up and book?!!!

Can you tell me why you chose Barcelo? I have been seeing Now Jade on this forum a lot and wondering if I should look into them.

Congratulations on fellow July 2014 bride!!!!!!!

Hi borgesn, My date is actually my FH moms bday we have that in common..Our way of honoring her since she is not here with us anymore..

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

Completely, totally bummed.  I just found out that my top choice for my wedding venue, Grand Coral, is slapping a $2000 site fee on top of any costs for the menu.  I feel like I'm starting from ground zero. :(

Wow, brownsugar that really sucks..How can they do that know after you are already booked?  are you booked? do you have a signed contract?

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

No invites or save the dates, but now I'm worried that I'll have to cut the list even more if I have it off-resort. :(

I'm so sorry that they are doing this to you...I hope you don't have to cut your list and still get your wedding that you want..atleast you haven't sent out anything as of yet..

Hey ladies! So my save the dates have arrived! Is it to early to send them out? I'm getting married October 23, 2014. I'm not planning on booking a group package until January or so. Also what are your thought on travel dates. The flights for family/friends from uk are on Monday only, I would prefer everyone arrive the same day so I'd like to have the group rate from Canada go Monday-Monday aswell, however someone once said its unfair to ask guests to travel weekday-weekday as they have to take an extra day off. So should I go Sunday-Sunday from Canada (flights go 7 days a week so I have a choice) or have everyone arrive and leave the same day?

Ladies:

I truly appreciate your support.  It means a lot!  Basically, the story is this: I had a date on hold (via my planner), but the Grand Coral Beach Club (GC) was not allowing brides to book until they came out with the new menus.  Unfortunately, with the new menus came a new $2000 site fee.  Given that it's about $4000 to rent the entire place out, I think this is absolutely ludicrous, as I'm using their food and staff.  My planner was very surprised about the whole thing, as this fee seemed to come out of nowhere.  I have a feeling that GC may lose some business over this whole thing.

FH tried to make some suggestions about having the wedding elsewhere, but there is no way that I'm having the wedding where we live or in my hometown.  FL would mean that his parents would try to invite all of their friends, as would having it on certain Caribbean islands. No thank you! I'm just going to trust my planner to do what she does best.

Originally Posted by jandl2013 View Post

Hi fellow brides!

Long time no post :)

For those of you planning on St. Lucia, just beware of the flights! I had to change my entire plan because the flights were so expensive or unavailable from certain locations that it made it nearly impossible for a number of my guests.  Just check out the airfares as much as possible.  This is part of the reason that I changed my plan and actually lost my deposit that we made.  Broke my heart because I was DEAD set on St. Lucia and I LOVED my planner (Awesome Caribbean Weddings).

I'm having my reception and/or wedding at Jellyfish Restaurant now so i'm happy with my current planner and location but I was beyond stressed up until I made that last minute change of heart.

Good luck ladies!

Just saw that we have the same wedding date!! cheer2.gif

Ladies: I truly appreciate your support.  It means a lot!  Basically, the story is this: I had a date on hold (via my planner), but the Grand Coral Beach Club (GC) was not allowing brides to book until they came out with the new menus.  Unfortunately, with the new menus came a new $2000 site fee.  Given that it's about $4000 to rent the entire place out, I think this is absolutely ludicrous, as I'm using their food and staff.  My planner was very surprised about the whole thing, as this fee seemed to come out of nowhere.  I have a feeling that GC may lose some business over this whole thing. FH tried to make some suggestions about having the wedding elsewhere, but there is no way that I'm having the wedding where we live or in my hometown.  FL would mean that his parents would try to invite all of their friends, as would having it on certain Caribbean islands. No thank you! I'm just going to trust my planner to do what she does best.