Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#5391 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

Thanks and Same to you!

This I can't help with... I don't have one and I'm afraid to make one! hahah

Thankfully... I haven't spent much. But I'm so damn frugal.... I watch every penny. I need to keep myself on task. Otherwise... if I let my FI have his way... we will have spent our life savings.

When we were first discussing weddings, this was prior to deciding to do a destination. I said, "HHoney lets sit down and talk about the budget" his response, "Babe i don't know how much weddings cost, let's try to price things out and then we will decide how much we can spend" HUH?!?! No way dude!! that's how you spend too much money!!!!!!

So...... I put a nail in that coffin and we both spoke about prices we were comfortable with and went from there. Now I really need to start tracking on these expenses so they don't get out of hand.

#5392 shugapop1

shugapop1
    • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Thankfully... I haven't spent much. But I'm so damn frugal.... I watch every penny. I need to keep myself on task. Otherwise... if I let my FI have his way... we will have spent our life savings. When we were first discussing weddings, this was prior to deciding to do a destination. I said, "HHoney lets sit down and talk about the budget" his response, "Babe i don't know how much weddings cost, let's try to price things out and then we will decide how much we can spend" HUH?!?! No way dude!! that's how you spend too much money!!!!!! So...... I put a nail in that coffin and we both spoke about prices we were comfortable with and went from there. Now I really need to start tracking on these expenses so they don't get out of hand.

I am queen of the frugals. So I know how u feel

#5393 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
      • Community Manager
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

Thankfully... I haven't spent much. But I'm so damn frugal.... I watch every penny. I need to keep myself on task. Otherwise... if I let my FI have his way... we will have spent our life savings.

When we were first discussing weddings, this was prior to deciding to do a destination. I said, "HHoney lets sit down and talk about the budget" his response, "Babe i don't know how much weddings cost, let's try to price things out and then we will decide how much we can spend" HUH?!?! No way dude!! that's how you spend too much money!!!!!!

So...... I put a nail in that coffin and we both spoke about prices we were comfortable with and went from there. Now I really need to start tracking on these expenses so they don't get out of hand.

I think I did all the research and gave him a price... he had no choice but to say ok.... hahah I haven't bought anything big but I do keep buying stuff for my Welcome Bags - I had a list of what I was going to buy for them and told myself to STICK TO IT - I haven't done a good job AT ALL with that plan .. haha  - I have all my receipts but I don't dare add them up .. . .

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#5394 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
        • 187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

I think I did all the research and gave him a price... he had no choice but to say ok.... hahah I haven't bought anything big but I do keep buying stuff for my Welcome Bags - I had a list of what I was going to buy for them and told myself to STICK TO IT - I haven't done a good job AT ALL with that plan .. haha  - I have all my receipts but I don't dare add them up .. . .

Sounds like you should surrend your credit cards and run all purchases by the girls on the board! How are you going to travel with all of your belongings?? dont be scared... Add up those receipts :)

#5395 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
          • Community Manager
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

Sounds like you should surrend your credit cards and run all purchases by the girls on the board! How are you going to travel with all of your belongings?? dont be scared... Add up those receipts :)

haha Yes - we have tried to start a support group... I however can't stay on the wagon!!!!!!! 

I am just going to be a super creative packer and hope I don't have a million suit cases :shots:

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#5396 shugapop1

shugapop1
            • 868 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

haha Yes - we have tried to start a support group... I however can't stay on the wagon!!!!!!!  I am just going to be a super creative packer and hope I don't have a million suit cases :shots:

I am buying a footlocker and also some storage bags and pack them in it

#5397 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
              • Community Manager
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by shugapop1 

I am buying a footlocker and also some storage bags and pack them in it

You're travelling with a footlocker?

#5398 shugapop1

shugapop1
                • 868 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

You're travelling with a footlocker?

Yes footlocker o pack all items except clothes in. My fans, bm feather fan bouquets (sincd they can't fold) message in a bottle. Tumblers, gidt bags and items.

#5399 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
                  • Community Manager
                  • 1,277 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by shugapop1 

Yes footlocker o pack all items except clothes in. My fans, bm feather fan bouquets (sincd they can't fold) message in a bottle. Tumblers, gidt bags and items.

Do you know which airline you are flying on?  Do you know how much it will be to check it?

#5400 shugapop1

shugapop1
                    • 868 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Do you know which airline you are flying on?  Do you know how much it will be to check it?

I don't know which airline yet. But whatever it will be better than paying for 3 different bags abd possibly forgetting something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users