Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#521 jandl2013

jandl2013
  • 243 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 23, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar/Jellyfish Restaurant
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hello Jandl2013, I think there is usually a relationship between the Grand and the others but the details were confusing to me.  That is, if kids stay at one of the other resorts, can they attend a wedding at the Grand?  I agree it is exhausting to make a decision between so many excellent choices.  I've narrowed my choices down to 3-5 resorts in the Riviera Maya area because: 1.  A private or semi-private place for the ceremony that's not on the beach 2.  Non-stop flights from the USA cities where most of the guests live to Cancun airport (Chicago and Houston) 3.  Kids are welcome but there are separate areas for adults (our kids are 14-17) 4.  Four star luxury all-inclusive with good food and drinks 5.  For guests, about $1500/person for 3-4 nights, including airfare This is more or less my priority.  When I get confused or see pictures of a pretty place, I try and remember what I need. Based on this, I chose Azul Beach Hotel, Azul Sensatori, Gran Porto Real, NOW Jade and Playacar Palace (the wedding is on the beach - but it's soooo pretty).  All are in/near Riviera Maya, Mexico.  My FI and I are doing site visits in 2 weeks.  We should be able to make the decision after that. I wish you luck.  It will be hard to make a bad decision. JennyPert

Hi JennyPert, Sounds like we have some of the same items of importance: good food, cost of package, kids welcome with adult access, and flight accessibility. My guests seem very antsy regarding Mexico so i don't feel like going back and forth about the safety concerns even though everything seems fine from reports i have read so that's why I'm choosing Punta Cana. Thanks so much for responding. I'm still waiting to get more info from Iberostar to determine which hotel to book. One day soon hopefully! :)

#522 jandl2013

jandl2013
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Okay ladies here they are.  I knew I wanted to have boarding pass STD's but did not want to spend an arm and a leg for them. So I tapped into my inner creative side that I truly have not connected with since high school lol. I used Word and Powerpoint to create these. I borrowed ideas from many brides here on this forum and created my own.

I hope you like them. 

The passes, jackets and back of the envelopes:

#523 jandl2013

jandl2013
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hi Edygiselle, These are beautiful. I am still trying to figure out if i want to try my creative hand (if i really have one) or if I'm going to let an expert work it out for me...lol. Decisions decisions!

#524 JoyBee322

JoyBee322
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Edygiselle 

Hello brunamcr, MissJali, jburress21, JoyBee322! So sorry I am just seeing all these messages...I promise I will take pictures when I get home tonight! Congrats to you all this is so exciting.

Now we can stress together.I bet our fiances will love that lol 

AHAHAHA! My fiance told me that he'd pay for a wedding coordinator so that he would NOT have to hear me ranting and whinning! LOL!

#525 JoyBee322

JoyBee322
    • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Edygiselle 

Okay ladies here they are.  I knew I wanted to have boarding pass STD's but did not want to spend an arm and a leg for them. So I tapped into my inner creative side that I truly have not connected with since high school lol. I used Word and Powerpoint to create these. I borrowed ideas from many brides here on this forum and created my own.

I hope you like them. 

The passes, jackets and back of the envelopes:

These are beautiful Edygiselle - would you mind emailing me the template? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!!

chrissica.barnes@gmail.com

#526 Edygiselle

Edygiselle
      • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

tyrebride2b2013- Hey! I think I will do passports! It goes with my theme.

#527 Edygiselle

Edygiselle
        • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by jandl2013 

Hi Edygiselle,

These are beautiful. I am still trying to figure out if i want to try my creative hand (if i really have one) or if I'm going to let an expert work it out for me...lol. Decisions decisions!

We all have one jandl2013! It really was a trial error type of thing. I took several trips to Micheal's  and was on the computer daily tweaking the STD's. I gained alot of patience girl lol

#528 Edygiselle

Edygiselle
          • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by JoyBee322 

AHAHAHA! My fiance told me that he'd pay for a wedding coordinator so that he would NOT have to hear me ranting and whinning! LOL!

JoyBee322 - Smart guy! I have 7 bridesmaids that are getting the most of it lol. I'm glad they are all my bff's because I would not stand me lol!

#529 Edygiselle

Edygiselle
            • 61 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Ugh I'm soooo jealous!! Mine didn't look this good at all!!!!

MissJali - Hey!! Can I see them?  They probably look amazing!! I didn't think mine were that good until someone said so.

#530 JoyBee322

JoyBee322
              • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Edygiselle View Post

JoyBee322 - Smart guy! I have 7 bridesmaids that are getting the most of it lol. I'm glad they are all my bff's because I would not stand me lol!

LOL! That's funny! Im sure mine won't be able to stand me either after all of this is over lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users