Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#5101 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

I have been to MP on a site visit, I am also getting married there, the service is outstanding, you will love it. All of the palace resorts are A M A Z I N G!

Hey Shugapop1 Yes I have decided on the destination, Mexico! My FI and I have employed the help of a TA and she sent us several packages to different islands. We had some specific requests, one of which was there needed to be direct flights from JFK. So, we have narrowed it down to Dreams Riviera and Moon Palace. We've stayed at dreams in DR before and LVOED it, but from the reviews and all the pictures I've seen, I'm HEAD OVER HEELS in love with MP. So we are waiting to hear back on our requests for dates for MP. 

#5102 myyooths

myyooths
    • 188 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

MrsPeele which TA are you using? I need to start checking their offers to accommodate my guests.

#5103 shugapop1

shugapop1
      • 868 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

I have been to MP on a site visit, I am also getting married there, the service is outstanding, you will love it. All of the palace resorts are A M A Z I N G!

that is sooo wonderful, i'm excited and happy for you . I too am in love with the resort i've chosen. (Sandals Whitehouse) i love everything about it.

#5104 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
        • 187 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

hi mrspeele! I'm getting married March 8, 2014 @ barcelo.bavaro palace deluxe in Punta Cana. and you? when's your big day?

I'm waiting for the WC to get back to me on dates. I'm hoping she will have good news for us this week. So... FINGERS CROSSED! Hey MrsToBeD!! The pictures of MP are just... Beautiful. I am speechless. So, I'm in this weird place where I feel like I'm not doing anything. Been doing lots of research but, no real concrete decision making. When does this phase end? Lol Happy Monday ladies

#5105 shugapop1

shugapop1
          • 868 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

I'm waiting for the WC to get back to me on dates. I'm hoping she will have good news for us this week. So... FINGERS CROSSED!

Hey MrsToBeD!! The pictures of MP are just... Beautiful. I am speechless.

So, I'm in this weird place where I feel like I'm not doing anything. Been doing lots of research but, no real concrete decision making. When does this phase end? Lol

Happy Monday ladies

the phase ends once your weddig is complet. lol

#5106 moodyc82

moodyc82
            • 614 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
            • LocationNJ

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Christine Hull

www.destinationdreamz.com

chull@cruiseplanners.com

That's the travel agent I used, she's absolutely wonderful. Does a lot of details, responds quickly, and even sent me a bunch of free stuff :)

#5107 moodyc82

moodyc82
            • 614 posts
            • LocationNJ

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Christine Hull

www.destinationdreamz.com

chull@cruiseplanners.com

That's the travel agent I used, she's absolutely wonderful. Does a lot of details, responds quickly, and even sent me a bunch of free stuff :)

#5108 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
            • 187 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by myyooths 

MrsPeele which TA are you using? I need to start checking their offers to accommodate my guests.

I am using Destination Weddings. FI found them and thought they'd be a good choice. I don't have any complaints as we haven't really done much at this time. I'll let you know as things go along.

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

the phase ends once your weddig is complet. lol

Really? I was hoping it'd be over soon... this is nerve wrecking!!! ::Deep sigh:: It's like I'm waiting on a date. I'm trying to get FI to agree on a style/theme etc. it's alot of work! I have to say, FI is very supportive and very involved. He wants to be apart of every planning step. Which sounds amazing, but in reality it can kinda be a little frustrating. I'm not going to complain though. 

#5109 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
              • 187 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

So can someone chime in about having a separate WC? I've read about this on a bunch of different forums lately. The resort doesn't provide you with one until like 3 months before. Where are people getting these offsite WC from? I'm assuming that the WC and the TA are two different people that serve two different functions. Please excuse my ignorance, I just need some clarity on the topic. 

#5110 moodyc82

moodyc82
                • 614 posts
                • LocationNJ

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

So can someone chime in about having a separate WC? I've read about this on a bunch of different forums lately. The resort doesn't provide you with one until like 3 months before. Where are people getting these offsite WC from? I'm assuming that the WC and the TA are two different people that serve two different functions. Please excuse my ignorance, I just need some clarity on the topic. 

WC and TA are two different ppl but my TA has been very helpful b/c she will contact the resort and ask a million questions for me. I have a WC already through the resort and she's absolutely amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users