Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#5041 shugapop1

shugapop1
  • 868 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

My big splurges are on photography and food/drink so I'm trying to cut back in other areas.

i've cut back so damn much.. i amaze myself sometimes, lol

#5042 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
    • 599 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

Yeah, as my friend reminds me, I have awfully expensive tastes! LOL

#5043 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
      • 187 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

Yeah, as my friend reminds me, I have awfully expensive tastes! LOL

I see you ladies were busy while I was gone... I'll be checking up on my train ride home with my responses.

#5044 shugapop1

shugapop1
        • 868 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by MrsPeele2B 

I see you ladies were busy while I was gone... I'll be checking up on my train ride home with my responses.

i have champgne taste with beer money

#5045 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
          • 187 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well

i have champgne taste with beer money

I can definitely say that I haven't spent a dime yet. I'm still working on my budget, but I'm gonna hang out over here with ShugaPop and her under 10k wedding. *side note* do you know what I could do with 10k?!?? Think of all the hang bags and shoes.... I digress. Anyways I'd like to keep my budget at 10k it sounds reasonable. I still need to work on the budget & guest list. But I'm assuming bc it's destination, some of that will work itself out right? Is it wrong for me to assume that I can just invite however many people I want. Please stop me now if I'm living in fantasy land. I'm excited to make OOT bags & Pre-departure folders. I just hope it stays in budget. I have a notebook that I journal & jot notes in so that I don't forget and I have a place to record stuff

#5046 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
            • 187 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hey there

I thought I was the only person who thought AHRs were too expensive. My fiance said one of the big reasons we are doing a DW is to keep down on costs and the guest list that kept expanding beyond control. For us and our situation, we didn't see the difference in doing a wedding at home and doing a AHR, besides being married on the beach at that point lol. We are thrilled to just have close friends and family who wish to come and let it be done. I want to DIY but I'm so afraid but the ladies on this board are AWESOME!

hey there! I have the urge to DIY but I'm afraid everything will look like a 3rd grade art project and that's just unacceptable. I can't have that happen. So that's holding me back but... I'm willing to try. I'd employ the help of my bridesmaids but... The ones I'm considering (bc I haven't asked yet) all live very far from me. It's highly unlikely that they are going to be much help. Maybe another post for another board :) but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I think my mom is going to be super involved, and that's great bc she's not really a hands on kind of person.

#5047 shugapop1

shugapop1
              • 868 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Well I can definitely say that I haven't spent a dime yet. I'm still working on my budget, but I'm gonna hang out over here with ShugaPop and her under 10k wedding. *side note* do you know what I could do with 10k?!?? Think of all the hang bags and shoes.... I digress. Anyways I'd like to keep my budget at 10k it sounds reasonable. I still need to work on the budget & guest list. But I'm assuming bc it's destination, some of that will work itself out right? Is it wrong for me to assume that I can just invite however many people I want. Please stop me now if I'm living in fantasy land. I'm excited to make OOT bags & Pre-departure folders. I just hope it stays in budget. I have a notebook that I journal & jot notes in so that I don't forget and I have a place to record stuff

Yes lets hang out together and help each other out

#5048 moodyc82

moodyc82
                • 614 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
                • LocationNJ

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Posted Image i officially finished my invites!!!!! Welcome to the new girl! Forgot to tag your post :) my wedding is well under $10,000....everything ive done for the wedding including my dress invites etc is $5,000. Where are you from??? Cant see since im on my phone!

#5049 shugapop1

shugapop1
                • 868 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Posted Image i officially finished my invites!!!!! Welcome to the new girl! Forgot to tag your post :) my wedding is well under $10,000....everything ive done for the wedding including my dress invites etc is $5,000. Where are you from??? Cant see since im on my phone!

They look great and om proud of you for saving tons of money as well

#5050 myyooths

myyooths
                  • 188 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi Ladies, I am a newbie :-) have a lot to catch up on you guys have A LOT of information on here!  Happy planning ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users