Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#431 MissJali

MissJali
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

SoonMrsD...destinationweddings.com gave me the worst quotes for the rooms!!! Apple Vacations came better on the quotes and I'm waiting for Liberty Travel and Patty from Wright Travel to get back to me. I personally didn't like how the TA from Destinationweddings.com tried to tell me how it's peak season and they're gouging me but that's the price. If he is Dominican, does he have family in DR? If so, have one of them contact the resort from that site and find out the prices in "pesos" not dollars. 

#432 SoonMrsD

SoonMrsD
    • 245 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

SoonMrsD...destinationweddings.com gave me the worst quotes for the rooms!!! Apple Vacations came better on the quotes and I'm waiting for Liberty Travel and Patty from Wright Travel to get back to me. I personally didn't like how the TA from Destinationweddings.com tried to tell me how it's peak season and they're gouging me but that's the price. If he is Dominican, does he have family in DR? If so, have one of them contact the resort from that site and find out the prices in "pesos" not dollars. 

Yeah he has some family there. I will get on it. Thank you for the info, I will also look into the companies you just suggested. This is just insane.

How many people are planning to attend your wedding?

#433 MissJali

MissJali
      • 935 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Well I'm praying no more than 35 lol! But save the dates went out to 55!!! I'm just frustrated b/c I had the TA info listed on my invites as I wanted to send out the invites in like May so I could give people time to set up payment plans. But I might just take out that information. Ugh i didn't think this was so hard. Planning a destination wedding was supposed to be easier! LOL

#434 SoonMrsD

SoonMrsD
        • 245 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Well I'm praying no more than 35 lol! But save the dates went out to 55!!! I'm just frustrated b/c I had the TA info listed on my invites as I wanted to send out the invites in like May so I could give people time to set up payment plans. But I might just take out that information. Ugh i didn't think this was so hard. Planning a destination wedding was supposed to be easier! LOL

We are looking at alot more ha ha...about 100 and that's only family so who knows how many more. We have a lot of close family apparently. Ok so 10 months in advance is a good time to send Save the Dates... yeah when I went to Mexico for a destination wedding the payment plan was perfect! Yeah I picked it for the same reason! 

#435 alicialo

alicialo
          • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cherina 

They have been included in everything from the theme, to the colors, the destination to the resort; my daughters 1,8,10 picked my dress and vail and the BMs dresses... The have a stamp all over the place.

I love that my Fiance and I have a 3 year old, and I want her to help me pick my dress, and I am thinking I will have him walk down with her instead of being the flower girl.

#436 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
            • 381 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

I love that my Fiance and I have a 3 year old, and I want her to help me pick my dress, and I am thinking I will have him walk down with her instead of being the flower girl.

I think you should! Great idea

#437 Cherina

Cherina
              • Banned
              • 636 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

I love that idea. The pictures will be too cute and unique. Love it

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#438 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
                • 503 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by SoonMrsD 

Just joined the website and I'm getting married in Sept/Oct 2014!  

Anyone getting married in Punta Cana, DR?

Congrats! Welcome! I am getting married September 2014, but over in Puerto Vallarta!

#439 smhud1313

smhud1313
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Got our date confirmed! Aug 31, 2014 at Playcar Palace!

I have 2 children. They will be the only 2 standing up with us at the wedding. I'm thinking my daughter will walk down with my fiance and my son will walk down with me.

#440 SoonMrsD

SoonMrsD
                    • 245 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

Congrats! Welcome! I am getting married September 2014, but over in Puerto Vallarta!

Thank you, it's beautiful there! Congratulations to you too! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users