Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by shugapop1 View Post

How r u tonight

I'm alright.... just waiting stupid movies on netflix and looking up wedding stuff on the internet...

was just looking at dresses . . .

Woo just got all caught up. Now that I know what a starfish sharing is, I'm def in. Very cool idea I like the blue rhinestone one! 2nd in that post with the starfish pics. Could be my something blue!

I love that idea... My wedding doesn't really have the starfish theme but i can figure out a way to incorporate it... I love this idea.. Count me in - July 10, 2014...
Same with me. No seashell or starfish theme and my colors are yellow and gray but I like it for my something borrowed or blue.
Like a few others have said I don't have starfish as part of my theme but the idea is cute. I can either put it on our sweetheart table or incorporate it into my bouquet easily. I believe I am the first so I will buy the starfish.  Does it matter what size???
I like the bouquet idea :)
OMG Ladies!  Sooo... last night my FI's parents met my Dad and Step Mom for the first time (we have been togeather over 6 years now)  it actually went really well......  of course the wedding came up a couple of times during dinner....       at one point my FI says - oh I guess I need to ask my brother to be my best man.. why didn't I do that already.. I need to do that! I was like umm hello we talked about this and decided that we weren't having a wedding party.... he looked at my like I had ten heads and said " I don't know what that is but of course my brother is my best man"  HAHAHa Sooo ....  no biggy - I will ask my best friend (who is already coming to the wedding) to be my MOH .... When I told her we were getting married I told her that I we probably weren't doing a wedding party but if we were she would be my MOH.     So my "OMG" moment about this is - of course I can't just call them be like - oh btw we changed our minds will you be my BM/MOH - I need to do something special. My thought for his brother is to figure out what his favorite drink is and get a bottle of that with a custom flask - or something like that! Not sure about my friend yet. Did you girls do anything fun when you asked your friends/family to be in your wedding?
I sent my sister an awesome box with a poem, a frame with a picture if us when we were kids, a teacup with a butterfly on it -she loves butterflies, a bracelet, a pashmina, and candy. The poem asked her to be my MOH.

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by lorcas View Post

Woo just got all caught up. Now that I know what a starfish sharing is, I'm def in. Very cool idea

Yay - your already on the list!!

I like the blue rhinestone one! 2nd in that post with the starfish pics. Could be my something blue!

Yeah I like that one too (i think it might be a popular one) - for something blue would work perfect!

Same with me. No seashell or starfish theme and my colors are yellow and gray but I like it for my something borrowed or blue.

I like the bouquet idea :)

we will all have to make sure we get pics of however we use it to share with everyone!!

I sent my sister an awesome box with a poem, a frame with a picture if us when we were kids, a teacup with a butterfly on it -she loves butterflies, a bracelet, a pashmina, and candy. The poem asked her to be my MOH.

Cute - do you have the poem somewhere you could share with me?

• Community Manager

***** You have to copy and paste this entire message into a new message box - it doesn't seem to be working when you click quote - Please & Thank You*****

Please Past your username and Wedding date in Order below if you are interested in doing a "Starfish Sharing" with our awesome group of ladies here!!

hclibby1982-February 7, 2014

missjali -March 8, 2014

Brownsugarbride-April 25, 2014

lorcas- may 23, 2014

shugapop1- June 7,2014

Moodyc82 - June 16th 2014

Rayndrop - October 22, 2014

DeeP10 - October 31, 2014

Pongyang2001 - November 8th, 2014

Basically, we need to find a starfish to use - Who ever is getting married first will have it in her wedding some how (part of the decorations, in her bouquet, on her veil, really however you want) Once she is back from her wedding she will send it off to the next bride - to - be and so on. . . It could be your something borrowed - or if you already have something I think it would be a cute way for us all to be part of each other's weddings!

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

So I found this - I really like it.... I would do this and a bottle of his favorite liquor.

000610830_10204&size=312.0,312.0

I would engrave it with something.  I just told my FI what I came up with.  He likes the decanter but not the wording.

The first friend I ever had

I'm proud to call you

my Brother

and on

I'd be honored 

to call you my

BEST MAN

He said he didn't really like the "first friend" part and it's too mushy (him and his brother are not mushy lovey with each other)  so he wants it to be more "manly and brotherly"

any suggestions??

So I have no idea what I will do for a gift. . . . the only thought I had so far is to do an engraved wine glass (and of course include a bottle of wine!). .    but what do you think about the little poem I just wrote for my BFF

we've been bestie forever though inches and miles - being part of your wedding brought nothing but smiles.   Now it's my turn to have the "big day" and there is one more thing I've been wanting to say. . .   While Best friend is a great title to have on 10.22.14 I have a favor to ask. .    Will you be my Maid Of Honor?   seriously any suggestions are welcomed!!! Thanks 

I'm in Punta Cana . I'm hammered. I can't even catch up ladies . But don't leave me out of the starfish thing. . It's soooo sisterhood of the traveling pants ish . . Lololol. Miss y'all . Hello to all the new gals I see on here. hIiiii!!! Ok I'm done! Wish me luck tomorrow 4 resorts in 6 hours. Rayn !!!!! I'm going in for the 99 Freeee Miss y'all