Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#3421 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

So officially bought all the stuff to make my DIY passport invites, total cost $47 and can make 50 of them.....cost to do them through etsy would be $190 for 30!!!! Total savings, $147......I think that was a smart choice. Also, as of today we officially saved enough to pay for the ceremony, and my dress has been paid for already. Now to work on saving for the OOT bags, extras, rings, and honeymoon LOL Although we do have half the honeymoon paid off too

#3422 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
  • Community Manager
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

So officially bought all the stuff to make my DIY passport invites, total cost $47 and can make 50 of them.....cost to do them through etsy would be $190 for 30!!!! Total savings, $147......I think that was a smart choice. Also, as of today we officially saved enough to pay for the ceremony, and my dress has been paid for already. Now to work on saving for the OOT bags, extras, rings, and honeymoon LOL Although we do have half the honeymoon paid off too

Yay - that all must feel so good!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#3423 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationNJ

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

Yay - that all must feel so good!!

AMAZING....and we still have 10months to go!!

#3424 vas2014

vas2014
    • 159 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Congrat!!!! Cant wait to be able to save that...

#3425 vas2014

vas2014
    • 159 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by vas2014 

Congrat!!!! Cant wait to be able to save that...

Say that!!!!

#3426 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
    • 274 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

That's some good savings!  That must be a good feeling!

I'm putting my deposit and on the photographer tomorrow and we're planning to pay our remaining balance for our Honeymoon and the wedding at the resort by the end of September. It's crazy how much money we'll be spending in the next 8 weeks but it'll feel good to have it paid!!!

#3427 shugapop1

shugapop1
      • 868 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Great job.

#3428 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
        • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm actually kind of hoping that everyone can't come so that we stay on budget (bad brownsugarbride, I know!).  We'll have an at-home reception (not too expensive) for people that we don't invite/can't come to the wedding, but I am not losing a minute of sleep worrying about people that can't come.  And although I have used this gif before in this thread, it never goes out of style when people start bothering you about the wedding. 

Meee toooo. !! More for me to have that I want at reception without thinking of paying pp..stay the hell home!

#3429 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
          • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

My guests have had almost 2 yrs!!! I dont guve a crap either, im like yess less people! Lol my fiance has joked when they complain, just ask them if on their invite, they got a gold star? No, oh well you're not being forced to go, dont fret! Lol smh theres a reason why im marrying him

Mine too that's why im not gonna stress about it..too funny that's right FI

#3430 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
            • 1,088 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

So - I was away for the weekend... had to go to my Cousin's wedding... I have about 150 post to read.....   hahah  

you were missed! ! How did it go did you invite aunt & uncle? If already answered ignore. Im working down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users