Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#3251 MissJali

MissJali
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

I just bought everything at the quantities of 50 or 25 (1 per couple) I can't imagine I'll have any more than that. These people have until November to rsvp and book and unfortunately I can't wait until then to start everything since I'm going back for my last semester of grad school at the end of the month so my planning time is a little limited. I figured whatever I don't use...will make another bride happy. I purposely didn't personalize some things for that reason but mainly b/c i hate the idea of someone advertising our wedding years after lol

#3252 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
    • 274 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Smith 2 Be 

I love the earrings & those clutches are adorable.  What are your wedding colors?

Thanks! My colors are pastel pink and white, very simple but very me :)

#3253 MissJali

MissJali
      • 935 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

do you guys know if i would be allowed to bring preserved flowers with me to Jamaica?

I didn't even research this for my destination and I have preserved orchids for the FGs. Damn!

#3254 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
        • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

do you guys know if i would be allowed to bring preserved flowers with me to Jamaica?

I didn't even research this for my destination and I have preserved orchids for the FGs. Damn!

I'll let you know if I find out

#3255 LoriGran

LoriGran
          • 339 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
          • LocationMexico

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sounds like time well spent!!  I need to figure out how to create stuff in Vistaprint, for someone tech savvy I'm clueless!

I have seen awesome things created on vista print on BDW but for the life of me cannot figure out that website.. Too overwhelming! LOL

#3256 Mrs Smith 2 Be

Mrs Smith 2 Be
          • 162 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

I agree, it's very overwhelming!

#3257 zeman321

zeman321
            • 280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

I agree, it's very overwhelming!

I was just going to ask if vistaprint was easy to use...Took me a little to figure out shutterfly, is it like that?

#3258 zeman321

zeman321
              • 280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

I was just going to ask if vistaprint was easy to use...Took me a little to figure out shutterfly, is it like that?

I would like to do some kind of welcome letter from them.

#3259 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Someone sent us an itinerary via email for a trip we are taking this weekend with some friends. He seriously wrote Mrs. Denise Bryan . I was like aughhhjjnnnnnjhhhhnnnn. Who is that? I'm so not ready to see that written. Aughhhhnnnnnn. Lol Wooooooosaaaaa

oh gosh! someone I forgot to mention...sent us their rsvp CERTIFIED mail! Didn't they address it to Mr. & Mrs. Toussaint? I had to sign Poveda-Toussaint and my id doesn't even say that. Feels way too weird lol. 

I haven't exactly decided if I'm taking on the name, I like my Hispanic last name!! LOL maybe on the important things, like the bank accounts! lol

Yes ladies it's fine on important things like bank accounts..LMAO

#3260 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

Ok ladies . Here's a touchy subject I think many of you will have a comment about. It seems we all have a lot in common about the problems of planning a wedding. My FI and I are pretty much paying for our own wedding. I assume our parents will contribute something or another eventually but I don't know a number and don't want to assume. My parents paying for everything is never going to happen nor would I want It to. My dads always complaining about not ever being able to retire and my mom doesn't work. So here's my question. My FI and I don't have a bank account yet together and although we plan on splitting the costs of the wedding I'm the one doing all this preliminary stuff. sTD's , stamps, little trips to Michaels blah blah, and I've just started. Te reality is that as women we are always just picking p little things that they would never think of . So after your 25th trip to the dollar stores and Michaels and charming Charlie's and all that stuff starts adding up. Since my FI isn't really " there yet" how do you keep track of the expenses . I mean obviously you write it down and save receipts , but how do you make the expenses even. You ask him for money every couple of days? Cuz I'm still not the type to do that ( wifey to be or not, I'm too proud. Lol) but I'm working on it. Do you guys get my question. Yes we will split photographers , videographers all that big stuff but how about all these other little things that add up to hundreds of dollars? Especially when he isn't even thinking wedding yet. I hate finance talk but it has to be done. He would never deny me anything but he's kind of weird it doesn't seem to occur to him to be like " how much do I owe u for half the STD?) Please don't think I'm cheap but shit! The reality is he wanted the big wedding when I wanted to run away get hitched and spend a month traveling with the money. Lol

Funny FI and I just had this talk a couple of days ago..little things do add up..we already share everything but we also bave a seperate account for wedding only that we setup in a separate bank and we both contribute to it. He doesn't really look at it just says spend responsibly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users