Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#3221 KeissyS

KeissyS
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Is anyone here selling VISTAPRINT VOUCHERS? I thought I had seen someone selling 2 vouchers not too long ago.  Thanks ! 

#3222 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
    • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by KeissyS 

Is anyone here selling VISTAPRINT VOUCHERS? I thought I had seen someone selling 2 vouchers not too long ago.  Thanks ! 

there is a vista print offer on groupon. 

http://www.groupon.c...rint-42-chicago

#3223 KeissyS

KeissyS
      • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

there is a vista print offer on groupon. 

http://www.groupon.c...rint-42-chicago

Thanks so much for the info Jessica! 

#3224 DeeP10

DeeP10
        • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I haven't exactly decided if I'm taking on the name, I like my Hispanic last name!! LOL maybe on the important things, like the bank accounts! lol

Me neither, must be that stubborn Dominican thing Jali. Lol I also like my last name I've lived with it for 34 yrs. my last name is Pool, and I always have to say " like swimming" . His is Bryan and people are always so perplexed that he has a first name as a last. Lololol Denise Pool-Bryan , Ummmmm :rolleyes:

#3225 DeeP10

DeeP10
          • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Here's another great reason to have a TA. She just set up my appointments for my site visits next week. It's impossible to reach ppl at the resorts and since she has a relationship with many of them she's setting up my walk thru's. Leaving to Punta Cana next week Sunday the 10th to finally get an idea of what I want to do and to visit the Jellyfish restaurant . Our off property wedding place. Yippee. TA is Patty from Wright travel.

#3226 DeeP10

DeeP10
            • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Ok ladies . Here's a touchy subject I think many of you will have a comment about. It seems we all have a lot in common about the problems of planning a wedding. My FI and I are pretty much paying for our own wedding. I assume our parents will contribute something or another eventually but I don't know a number and don't want to assume. My parents paying for everything is never going to happen nor would I want It to. My dads always complaining about not ever being able to retire and my mom doesn't work. So here's my question. My FI and I don't have a bank account yet together and although we plan on splitting the costs of the wedding I'm the one doing all this preliminary stuff. sTD's , stamps, little trips to Michaels blah blah, and I've just started. Te reality is that as women we are always just picking p little things that they would never think of . So after your 25th trip to the dollar stores and Michaels and charming Charlie's and all that stuff starts adding up. Since my FI isn't really " there yet" how do you keep track of the expenses . I mean obviously you write it down and save receipts , but how do you make the expenses even. You ask him for money every couple of days? Cuz I'm still not the type to do that ( wifey to be or not, I'm too proud. Lol) but I'm working on it. Do you guys get my question. Yes we will split photographers , videographers all that big stuff but how about all these other little things that add up to hundreds of dollars? Especially when he isn't even thinking wedding yet. I hate finance talk but it has to be done. He would never deny me anything but he's kind of weird it doesn't seem to occur to him to be like " how much do I owe u for half the STD?) Please don't think I'm cheap but shit! The reality is he wanted the big wedding when I wanted to run away get hitched and spend a month traveling with the money. Lol

#3227 zeman321

zeman321
              • 280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

Ok ladies .

Here's a touchy subject I think many of you will have a comment about. It seems we all have a lot in common about the problems of planning a wedding.

My FI and I are pretty much paying for our own wedding. I assume our parents will contribute something or another eventually but I don't know a number and don't want to assume.

My parents paying for everything is never going to happen nor would I want It to. My dads always complaining about not ever being able to retire and my mom doesn't work.

So here's my question. My FI and I don't have a bank account yet together and although we plan on splitting the costs of the wedding I'm the one doing all this preliminary stuff. sTD's , stamps, little trips to Michaels blah blah, and I've just started. Te reality is that as women we are always just picking p little things that they would never think of . So after your 25th trip to the dollar stores and Michaels and charming Charlie's and all that stuff starts adding up.

Since my FI isn't really " there yet" how do you keep track of the expenses . I mean obviously you write it down and save receipts , but how do you make the expenses even. You ask him for money every couple of days? Cuz I'm still not the type to do that ( wifey to be or not, I'm too proud. Lol) but I'm working on it.

Do you guys get my question. Yes we will split photographers , videographers all that big stuff but how about all these other little things that add up to hundreds of dollars? Especially when he isn't even thinking wedding yet.

I hate finance talk but it has to be done. He would never deny me anything but he's kind of weird it doesn't seem to occur to him to be like " how much do I owe u for half the STD?)

Please don't think I'm cheap but shit! The reality is he wanted the big wedding when I wanted to run away get hitched and spend a month traveling with the money. Lol

I would just say "Oh, by the way the STD's were xxxx, so you owe me xxx" but I'm pretty blunt like that! LOL!

#3228 MissJali

MissJali
                • 935 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ok ladies .

Here's a touchy subject I think many of you will have a comment about. It seems we all have a lot in common about the problems of planning a wedding.

My FI and I are pretty much paying for our own wedding. I assume our parents will contribute something or another eventually but I don't know a number and don't want to assume.

My parents paying for everything is never going to happen nor would I want It to. My dads always complaining about not ever being able to retire and my mom doesn't work.

So here's my question. My FI and I don't have a bank account yet together and although we plan on splitting the costs of the wedding I'm the one doing all this preliminary stuff. sTD's , stamps, little trips to Michaels blah blah, and I've just started. Te reality is that as women we are always just picking p little things that they would never think of . So after your 25th trip to the dollar stores and Michaels and charming Charlie's and all that stuff starts adding up.

Since my FI isn't really " there yet" how do you keep track of the expenses . I mean obviously you write it down and save receipts , but how do you make the expenses even. You ask him for money every couple of days? Cuz I'm still not the type to do that ( wifey to be or not, I'm too proud. Lol) but I'm working on it.

Do you guys get my question. Yes we will split photographers , videographers all that big stuff but how about all these other little things that add up to hundreds of dollars? Especially when he isn't even thinking wedding yet.

I hate finance talk but it has to be done. He would never deny me anything but he's kind of weird it doesn't seem to occur to him to be like " how much do I owe u for half the STD?)

Please don't think I'm cheap but shit! The reality is he wanted the big wedding when I wanted to run away get hitched and spend a month traveling with the money. Lol

yea..i just tell him...umm you owe me this $$ for this. Pay up! lol We actually started a bank account together for the wedding and he puts in every week and i take out! haha! i of course forward him all my online shopping receipts so he knows. Our parents aren't paying for crap either. They say they have the photographer, but I don't count on it honestly. Sucks to be in this new generation!

#3229 DeeP10

DeeP10
                  • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Lmao! So here's a funny for ya'll . I've been sitting at the hotel all day waiting to go to work and I realized that A. They put little burlap bags in the room for their coffee. It's the ones with the drawstrings that I want for my favors B. they put little packets in the room with a nail file . Cotton balls , ear cleaners , mouthwash and a little sewing kit etc. I'm like.... Omg I'm gonna ask the cleaning lady to give me more and if I do that on every layover for the next year ill have enough stuff for my OOT bags . Lmao. Hahahahaha I swear I'm gonna write a book on saving a buck. Lol

#3230 vas2014

vas2014
                    • 159 posts
                    • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Lmao!

So here's a funny for ya'll . I've been sitting at the hotel all day waiting to go to work and I realized that

A. They put little burlap bags in the room for their coffee. It's the ones with the drawstrings that I want for my favors

B. they put little packets in the room with a nail file . Cotton balls , ear cleaners , mouthwash and a little sewing kit etc.

I'm like.... Omg I'm gonna ask the cleaning lady to give me more and if I do that on every layover for the next year ill have enough stuff for my OOT bags . Lmao. Hahahahaha

I swear I'm gonna write a book on saving a buck. Lol

Good Idea. Free99 is always good..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users