Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#3211 pzl101

pzl101
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

I feel like I am behind too! I haven't started looking for a dress yet. I got the invitations made and I am hoping to mail them out sometime within the next 2 or 3 weeks. We have our venue picked out, the room block is held for our guest but that's about it. I still have to put a down payment for the photographer, look for a dress, think about decorations.... welcome gifts.... ahh soo much work ahead

wow, you got the invites already made? I am just finishing up my StD! We have our venue but no room block yet ... waiting to hear back from them. I;ve been dress shopping twice so far and two more stores this weekend ... and I've phone-interviewed a bunch of photographers so now we have to pick one!! Def have to start thinking about decorations, flowers etc ...

Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

Just returned from the post office! 

Grew up in Jamaica Queens,

Went to 217 jhs

And Newtown for HS

Originally Posted by MissJali 

I'm in Harlem and the FI is from Springfield Gardens/Jamaica Queens

Queens in da house ... grew up in Flushing, now in Astoria

#3212 DeeP10

DeeP10
    • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Someone sent us an itinerary via email for a trip we are taking this weekend with some friends. He seriously wrote Mrs. Denise Bryan . I was like aughhhjjnnnnnjhhhhnnnn. Who is that? I'm so not ready to see that written. Aughhhhnnnnnn. Lol Wooooooosaaaaa

#3213 happywife

happywife
      • 32 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

anyone here thinking of Ceiba Del Mar for their 2014 wedding? I just contacted them for more information, their hotel looks really beautiful!

#3214 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
        • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

Someone sent us an itinerary via email for a trip we are taking this weekend with some friends. He seriously wrote Mrs. Denise Bryan . I was like aughhhjjnnnnnjhhhhnnnn. Who is that? I'm so not ready to see that written. Aughhhhnnnnnn. Lol

Wooooooosaaaaa

Lol that is too funny. a little bit early, are we? 

#3215 MissJali

MissJali
          • 935 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

Someone sent us an itinerary via email for a trip we are taking this weekend with some friends. He seriously wrote Mrs. Denise Bryan . I was like aughhhjjnnnnnjhhhhnnnn. Who is that? I'm so not ready to see that written. Aughhhhnnnnnn. Lol

Wooooooosaaaaa

oh gosh! someone I forgot to mention...sent us their rsvp CERTIFIED mail! Didn't they address it to Mr. & Mrs. Toussaint? I had to sign Poveda-Toussaint and my id doesn't even say that. Feels way too weird lol. 

#3216 MissJali

MissJali
            • 935 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

oh gosh! someone I forgot to mention...sent us their rsvp CERTIFIED mail! Didn't they address it to Mr. & Mrs. Toussaint? I had to sign Poveda-Toussaint and my id doesn't even say that. Feels way too weird lol. 

I haven't exactly decided if I'm taking on the name, I like my Hispanic last name!! LOL maybe on the important things, like the bank accounts! lol

#3217 pzl101

pzl101
              • 281 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'm not into hyphens but wow, seriously, Jalitza Poveda-Toussaint sounds amazing! That is a NICE name!

#3218 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
                • 270 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Quote:

I haven't exactly decided if I'm taking on the name, I like my Hispanic last name!! LOL maybe on the important things, like the bank accounts! lol

I hate my last name. Not that my fiance's is any better really but I'll take it in a heart beat. Can't wait to make it officially my last name lol

#3219 zeman321

zeman321
                  • 280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

Quote:These turned out really nice! Good job!

Originally Posted by vas2014 

STD are out now time to work on Formal or Electronic invitations .  

#3220 zeman321

zeman321
                    • 280 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

Here is the packaging for my STDs

The note that I included - it's double sided so each box got one card.

In the box they went. . . 

Wrapped the boxes in bubble wrap

Then wrapped them in brown paper - last minute decided to stamp them with " <3 handle with care <3"  it looked better on the piece of paper I did it on first... the bubble wrap made it challangeing - but I went with it anyways.  I then used packing tape to tape every surface so that the paper wouldn't get torn in shipping.

Finally, I taped on the address labels : )

(btw -  the addresses on the labels I made up so I could post a picture on the internet - the info from my TA is correct if anyone has a need for one )

You are killing me....I feel like we are soooo not crafty after looking at these! (Actually I'm NOT crafty! LOL) These are amazing and your guests will love them!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users