Jump to content

Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?


  • Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#3121 pzl101

pzl101
  • Jr. Member
  • 281 posts

    Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

    Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

    Well I spoke to my fiance's friend and he said the wanted to stay for a week but that he wanted to bring a few of his "boys" so he can really take it as a vacation.... :-/ I cannot tell me guests not to stay for a week or what not but that is spring break and I did not sign up for that. The extra people he decides to travel with will NOT be attending my wedding... THERE IS NO WAY. and that's not even the problem, I am pretty sure that my fiance is going to want to go hang out with the "boys" and there goes our honeymoon. I guess that is the bad part about all this. 

    Maybe I should look into switching resorts after the wedding ughhh.

    ugh!!!  why should YOU have to switch the resort you purposely chose for your wedding. The friend and his boys should go to a different resort!!!



    #3122 Jessica Correa

    Jessica Correa
    • Jr. Member
    • 270 posts

      Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

      Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

       

      Maybe I should look into switching resorts after the wedding ughhh.

       

      Jessica-You absolutely need to strongly consider switching resorts after the wedding. If you start now, you can do your research and start looking for great deals. Nip these issues in the bud right away!

       

       

      I have another option too that I am not sure. I have $600 (each) voucher from United airlines that I can't use towards the wedding because United doesn't really do flights to Jamiaca... so I was considering booking a trip for a few months after the wedding somewhere else and call that our "honeymoon" ... I would just have to sell that idea to my fiance lol



      #3123 Jessica Correa

      Jessica Correa
      • Jr. Member
      • 270 posts

        Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

        Originally Posted by pzl101 

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

        Well I spoke to my fiance's friend and he said the wanted to stay for a week but that he wanted to bring a few of his "boys" so he can really take it as a vacation.... :-/ I cannot tell me guests not to stay for a week or what not but that is spring break and I did not sign up for that. The extra people he decides to travel with will NOT be attending my wedding... THERE IS NO WAY. and that's not even the problem, I am pretty sure that my fiance is going to want to go hang out with the "boys" and there goes our honeymoon. I guess that is the bad part about all this. 

        Maybe I should look into switching resorts after the wedding ughhh.

        ugh!!!  why should YOU have to switch the resort you purposely chose for your wedding. The friend and his boys should go to a different resort!!!

         

        I wish people were understanding. Our parents decided to just stay 3 or 4 nights because they were considerate of about the honeymoon but the friends are selfish



        #3124 MissJali

        MissJali
        • Member
        • 935 posts

          Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

          I might be the only one who doesn't really care if my guests stay as long as me. I can't exactly ask people to pay to go, take time off of their job and say "umm hey so you know...it's also our honeymoon" my Hispanic family would be deeply offended. But again, maybe it doesn't bother me as much because we've already planned for a delayed honeymoon later on and I sold this DW as a huge family vacation anyway.



          #3125 pzl101

          pzl101
          • Jr. Member
          • 281 posts

            Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

            How much info is everyone putting in their invitations?

             

            I have a website which I want people to use more so I dont want to repeat all the same info (I have sections  for "resort info", "travel info", "things to do in Jamaica" etc. (or should I repeat??)

             

            We don't have a set day or time for the welcome cocktail reception nor know when to plan a group excursion which makes me reluctant to put an "itinerary" in writing in the formal invitation. I have it all TBD on the site.

             

            So far, I just the basic we invite you to ... date...location ...rsvp by ...



            #3126 Jessica Correa

            Jessica Correa
            • Jr. Member
            • 270 posts

              Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

              Originally Posted by MissJali 

              I might be the only one who doesn't really care if my guests stay as long as me. I can't exactly ask people to pay to go, take time off of their job and say "umm hey so you know...it's also our honeymoon" my Hispanic family would be deeply offended. But again, maybe it doesn't bother me as much because we've already planned for a delayed honeymoon later on and I sold this DW as a huge family vacation anyway.

               

               

              I can sympathize. My huge hispanic family are taking it as a big family vacation too.



              #3127 lorcas

              lorcas
              • Jr. Member
              • 297 posts

                Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

                Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

                For those of you who are still getting out save the dates and invites (like me!), here's a neat little service that I've been using:

                https://www.postable.com.  You just send your friends a personalized link and they fill in all of the information (address, spouse name, etc.)  It's so easy, and one of my friends said it was very straightforward, easy to read and very cool.  (And the best part is that it's free.99!! LOL)

                 

                i want to thank you! this is a great tool! 



                #3128 MissJali

                MissJali
                • Member
                • 935 posts

                  Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

                  I can sympathize. My huge hispanic family are taking it as a big family vacation too.

                  lol I could see them telling me to go to hell and not come to prove a point lol smh

                  #3129 lorcas

                  lorcas
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 297 posts

                    Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

                    lol I could see them telling me to go to hell and not come to prove a point lol smh

                    This is why I'm only inviting my parents and ONE uncle out of many. Haha I said sorry but the family alone would be way too many people

                    #3130 Jessica Correa

                    Jessica Correa
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 270 posts

                      Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

                      Originally Posted by lorcas 

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MissJali 

                      lol I could see them telling me to go to hell and not come to prove a point lol smh

                      This is why I'm only inviting my parents and ONE uncle out of many. Haha I said sorry but the family alone would be way too many people

                       

                      True. I did not invite everyone in my family. I invited my uncles on my mom's side because I grew up with them and they are like parents to me. As far as my father's side goes, two are lucky to get an invite (out of 9) so that should tell you a lot lol. I want the people I love there and I am not inviting people JUST BECAUSE either. This costs money and some people aren't worth my time or money. (I sound so mean lol)




                      Back to Newbies!!


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users