Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#2861 shugapop1

shugapop1
  • 868 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Ladies - Did someone say yes to wanting me to look for Tumblers for them?  I feel like someone did but I totally dropped the ball : ( SORRY - I can still look for you!! It was I looking for extra tumblers but now with another unexpected flight cost. I need to take care of that first

#2862 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
    • 1,088 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

NEVERMIND 

The ink pad I bought isn't working - like there is no ink in it WTF!

Uh oh!! wonder why?

#2863 DeeP10

DeeP10
      • 270 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Thanks hun. Now to give u ur pep talk. Dont be deflated. Stay elated. This is your day. Fuck em fuck em fuck. Lol. I have gone through same thing. My mom us like. Why can't u just do it here in Nc ( mind you u live in atlanta) my friends and some family want to know why I'm inconviencing them as if my weddi g has a freaking bearing on their happiness.. most are clueless that it us less expensive to get married destination than it is in "your country" haters will hate. Not all that smile are truly well wishers. Those that are gonna come to support will come if its across the damn stree or if its in bumbfuck Egypt. You have your day whenever it is you want. And if it'd Halloween and you wanna give out masks and trick or treat candy or if its 4th if july and you wanna givd firecrackers for them to shovd up tgeir asses. So be it. Enjoy YOUR DAY. WITH OR WITHOUT. LOL

That rant was sooooo awesome. I haven't heard bumfuckegypt in years. Lol Thanks for the laugh. I'm usually like you but Today I'm just like... Aughhhhh wtf? And I gotta feed u people

#2864 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
        • Community Manager
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

Hey ladies

I'm here for some " don't give a shit what anyone thinks and says pep talk". Lol

I'm really kinda down tonight.

We just came back from my FI sisters house where some of his family were gathered . For shits and giggles I informally handed his sister and dad the STD I just got done.

And so it begins...this is what I got

Odd look from his sister and 17 yr old niece . " Halloween ? Your wedding is gonna be on Halloween ? Really? " arched eye brows!

From niece " great guess I can't come ill just have started college"

From sister and niece - it's a Friday?

From his father- why can't you just do it in Miami ? If its the money ill give you money.

Are you inviting so and so and so and so and sound so?

" you know we are. Tight family why would you do it in YOUR country?

From his father - well at least we can book your uncles time share and we can all stay there and just go to your wedding.

I was getting so pissed and its only the first STD

Ohhhh and I said to his sister. Please it's not like anyone actually considers Halloween a pagan holiday. To which she raised her hand as in to say " I do"

Now add to that

None of my so called best friends have even called me to ask about the wedding since I told them I was engaged over a month ago.
          My fathers " how much is this shindig gonna cost comment"
          My moms " your not wearing white re you?" Comment

And the fact that I'd rather elope As it is , I feel totally deflated.

This is supposed to be a happy time in my life and instead I just wanna cry. Mainly because I always see in the movies and on tv all these people with tons of support.

Let me clarify that everyone Is happy for us and want us to get married. I just feel super lonely in the process.

Ugh!  People are so - - -  well you know!

Any time someone from his family says "why did You. . ."  reply with "WE decided. . . "

and don't try to explain yourself to everyone that has "THOSE kinds of comments"  just say Yup! and smile - then talk about something else.....

- or do that!! hehehe

sorry your having a rough night!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#2865 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
          • Community Manager
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

haven't forgoten about my sisters up here on  bdw, i've not been here all day, i had a death in my family last night so just been tryna be respectful of that, but trust it's been hard to not be up here all day.

Awww - I am sorry to hear!  Also, sorry for your loss     We are hear if you need to talk!   I hope you feel better soon 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#2866 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
            • Community Manager
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

hahahhaahahahahaha don't think Men In Black would go with the whole beach thing....

Was going to use the colored sand to go with my colors and a message from us thanking all for coming etc. as well as some shells(not sure what else would go).  use our monogram on the outside the cork tied with rafia and a little shell at the end and the pull me sign..Not sure if gonna add a little something else with them...

The boarding pass invites I want to also make a luggage tag rsvp card trying to figure all this out now.. of course again I am soooo not a DIy'er but wanna atleast try first before spending the money

HAha yes - I knew Men in Black wasn't what you meant - just got stuck on it for a minute.. which is odd because I have never seen any of those movies hahaha 

I think your ideas sound great!

#2867 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
              • Community Manager
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

Thanks hun. Now to give u ur pep talk. Dont be deflated. Stay elated. This is your day. Fuck em fuck em fuck. Lol. I have gone through same thing. My mom us like. Why can't u just do it here in Nc ( mind you u live in atlanta) my friends and some family want to know why I'm inconviencing them as if my weddi g has a freaking bearing on their happiness.. most are clueless that it us less expensive to get married destination than it is in "your country" haters will hate. Not all that smile are truly well wishers. Those that are gonna come to support will come if its across the damn stree or if its in bumbfuck Egypt. You have your day whenever it is you want. And if it'd Halloween and you wanna give out masks and trick or treat candy or if its 4th if july and you wanna givd firecrackers for them to shovd up tgeir asses. So be it. Enjoy YOUR DAY. WITH OR WITHOUT. LOL

OMG - that just made me LOL!!!   hahaha  I love this post!!!

#2868 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
                • Community Manager
                • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

Uh oh!! wonder why?

Well it was cheap - I can't believe it doesn't work at all but I got what I paid for I guess 

#2869 shugapop1

shugapop1
                  • 868 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

OMG - that just made me LOL!!!   hahaha  I love this post!!   

I'm glad I could cheer you up so just tell them to alll (parents I know u wanna be respectful) to shut their damn pie-holes and just support you in your day. That they can choose what they want for their day, but not for yours. Lok

#2870 vas2014

vas2014
                    • 159 posts
                    • Wedding Date:June 15, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

Hey ladies

I'm here for some " don't give a shit what anyone thinks and says pep talk". Lol

I'm really kinda down tonight.

We just came back from my FI sisters house where some of his family were gathered . For shits and giggles I informally handed his sister and dad the STD I just got done.

And so it begins...this is what I got

Odd look from his sister and 17 yr old niece . " Halloween ? Your wedding is gonna be on Halloween ? Really? " arched eye brows!

From niece " great guess I can't come ill just have started college"

From sister and niece - it's a Friday?

From his father- why can't you just do it in Miami ? If its the money ill give you money.

Are you inviting so and so and so and so and sound so?

" you know we are. Tight family why would you do it in YOUR country?

From his father - well at least we can book your uncles time share and we can all stay there and just go to your wedding.

I was getting so pissed and its only the first STD

Ohhhh and I said to his sister. Please it's not like anyone actually considers Halloween a pagan holiday. To which she raised her hand as in to say " I do"

Now add to that

None of my so called best friends have even called me to ask about the wedding since I told them I was engaged over a month ago.
                    My fathers " how much is this shindig gonna cost comment"
                    My moms " your not wearing white re you?" Comment

And the fact that I'd rather elope As it is , I feel totally deflated.

This is supposed to be a happy time in my life and instead I just wanna cry. Mainly because I always see in the movies and on tv all these people with tons of support.

Let me clarify that everyone Is happy for us and want us to get married. I just feel super lonely in the process.

I totally relate with you. It seems our FI families  are the same. LOL  I bite my tongue to avoid conflict.  I really don't  want to put my FI in the middle. but I've decided  not sharing anything with them until its ready would be in my best interest.   If I say purple they say lavender.

Learning to let go

Shavon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)