Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#2531 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Sorry Sorry, I've been away too long. I was putting the welcome bags together to put in a box and take over to the FI's house tomorrow. I bought the smallest boxes to stuff the meds in, bandaids, hair ties for girls. One suncreen in each bag since I'm doing per couple and 2 keycard holders with the welcome note and wet wipes. I'm not adding much else to the bags but the tumblers and the bottles of mamajuana since my resort has sewing kits, shaving kits, etc in the rooms when you check in. I just had a panic attack and think i should probably start buying suitcases to start packing this stuff??? Next are the raffia fans to decorate, add a thank you note on it and ship away to the FI's house and get the stuff for the centerpieces/linens...oh gosh! that's another box... I'm not buying anything else! I can't imagine how I'm going to pack all of this crap! End of Rant....:lalala:

You are moving right along.. you have to enlist the help of parents and other family who might not have as much luggage it could be someone's carry onmaybe divide it up

#2532 MissJali

MissJali
    • 935 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

You are moving right along.. you have to enlist the help of parents and other family who might not have as much luggage it could be someone's carry onmaybe divide it up

That's the plan but I kinda wonder if i should just start buying the suitcases and have them carry it on/check in...most of this stuff is plastic so I'm not too worried about it breaking. Def the raffia fans will be carried on.

#2533 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
      • 1,088 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Got it!  I think maybe make a RSVP date like Sept 6th...  everyone going will know by then so its not too early and there is no point in waiting for long after the booking deadline. . .  ?

True everyone should no by then unless you have sone late bookers

#2534 MissJali

MissJali
        • 935 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

Hahah deep breath!  You'll be okay 

Aww thanks Rayn...woosahhhhhhhhhhhhh

#2535 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
          • 1,088 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

That's the plan but I kinda wonder if i should just start buying the suitcases and have them carry it on/check in...most of this stuff is plastic so I'm not too worried about it breaking. Def the raffia fans will be carried on.

Now might be a good time to purchase luggage on sale. Usually on sale for back to school with all the dorm supplies

#2536 MissJali

MissJali
            • 935 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

True everyone should no by then unless you have sone late bookers

There will always be late bookers lol. I would probably make the RSVP date by Oct. for the late ones who miss the deadline.

I sent out my invites in June and gave them a deadline by Nov 15, mainly for myself to plan accordingly...That went out the window! I just bought 50 of everything lol. But I know most people won't book their stuff until then anyway, my family is last minute with everything. And I just figured...they know when and where, it's up to them to get there if they really want to be there. That's how my parents calm me down. "Whoever really wants to go, will go, they know how to get to DR" LOL

#2537 MissJali

MissJali
              • 935 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Now might be a good time to purchase luggage on sale. Usually on sale for back to school with all the dorm supplies

Ahhh Good thinking!!! Now...how do I convince FI we need more luggage lol

#2538 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                • 1,088 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

There will always be late bookers lol. I would probably make the RSVP date by Oct. for the late ones who miss the deadline. I sent out my invites in June and gave them a deadline by Nov 15, mainly for myself to plan accordingly...That went out the window! I just bought 50 of everything lol. But I know most people won't book their stuff until then anyway, my family is last minute with everything. And I just figured...they know when and where, it's up to them to get there if they really want to be there. That's how my parents calm me down. "Whoever really wants to go, will go, they know how to get to DR" LOL

Yes always especially with my group. I can see last minute bookings along with stupid questions. Good job mom and dad keeping the zilla inside. .lol

#2539 RaynDrop

RaynDrop
                  • Community Manager
                  • 1,277 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

There will always be late bookers lol. I would probably make the RSVP date by Oct. for the late ones who miss the deadline.

I sent out my invites in June and gave them a deadline by Nov 15, mainly for myself to plan accordingly...That went out the window! I just bought 50 of everything lol. But I know most people won't book their stuff until then anyway, my family is last minute with everything. And I just figured...they know when and where, it's up to them to get there if they really want to be there. That's how my parents calm me down. "Whoever really wants to go, will go, they know how to get to DR" LOL

Oh right.. late bookers...  Whats the rule on that?     is there a late bookers deadline?  haha    

I am making my RSVP date the end of December 2013... reallllly early and only giving them like 2 months from when I send the invites... but I need to know for sure before I start sending them all their fun gifts!

I have had three couples ask me in the last couple of days if I made up my mind on the date and for any details.... I am telling them I don't know yet cause I don't want them to know til they get the STD... so anyways I'm not worried about the early RSVP date because I know everyone has their minds made up about coming..... 

My situation is different then most of you though... so not sure I am much help here.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#2540 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                    • 1,088 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Ahhh Good thinking!!! Now...how do I convince FI we need more luggage lol

Ummm Uh Oh! !! Not sure about that one.. your gonna have to find a really good sale and also remind him of all the money your saving wirh all your DIY's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users