Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#2311 DeeP10

DeeP10
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

So in my madness to save money I've thought of all the things I don't really care about and I've decided to have a faux cake. It's pretty cool. You buy these styrofoam pieces and the bakery decorates that. I plan on having desserts, and cupcakes/ sweets table. It's cheaper than paying 4-6 bucks a person. Lol. Don't judge me. Ill spend my money elsewhere . ;)

Forgot the darn link http://www.sugarcraf...ecakes.htm#misc

#2312 DeeP10

DeeP10
    • 270 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

Hey!  We have the same wedding date, but different locations!  :))

Your getting married on my Birthday. Whoop whoop

#2313 LoriGran

LoriGran
      • 339 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
      • LocationMexico

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

I was actually in Dollar Tree tonight sshhh!!! it was next door to modells we were buying football cleats for the boys I ran in to check for tumblers only a few clear no darn straws and 1 blue no straw WTH! !!

Are you in North Jersey!! I went to that dollar tree tooooo!!!! LOL

#2314 DeeP10

DeeP10
      • 270 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Found this Quote. Thought it was purrrrrfect . Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -

#2315 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
        • 274 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by moodyc82 

So when I was searching the internet I stumbles across http://www.weddingchicks.com/ which has all FREE printable stuff and you customize it. Enjoy ladies

This is great, thank you! I was looking for some templates for basic signage for place cards and some other small items and even though I'm not great at DIY stuff I'm sure I can handle these with a template!

#2316 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
          • 274 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by DeeP10 

So in my madness to save money I've thought of all the things I don't really care about and I've decided to have a faux cake. It's pretty cool. You buy these styrofoam pieces and the bakery decorates that. I plan on having desserts, and cupcakes/ sweets table. It's cheaper than paying 4-6 bucks a person.

Lol. Don't judge me. Ill spend my money elsewhere .

I've seen these done and they look great!!!! We all have stuff that is important to each of us. Mine was my dress, I ended paying below budget but when I told people my dress budget they thought I was from another planet. 

Although I upgraded my cake at the resort I know people won't really eat it, they never do, I just did it for the pictures haha.  I think you're smart, if we were doing it here that was something we had talked about.

#2317 DeeP10

DeeP10
            • 270 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

I've seen these done and they look great!!!! We all have stuff that is important to each of us. Mine was my dress, I ended paying below budget but when I told people my dress budget they thought I was from another planet.  Although I upgraded my cake at the resort I know people won't really eat it, they never do, I just did it for the pictures haha.  I think you're smart, if we were doing it here that was something we had talked about.

Yeah , since our wedding is actually at a restaurant off- property we would be paying for the local bakery. So I guess I'll see if I can take the pieces down and ill pay them to decorate it. :D I haven't even wanted to think of my dress. :confused: I've gained weight recently and I just don't wanna go there. :mad: I'd like to squeeze lipo into my budget.

#2318 moodyc82

moodyc82
              • 614 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
              • LocationNJ

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Funny I ran into that last night as well. How did people plan weddings before the net? Lol

Hired someone to do it all!! lol

So in my madness to save money I've thought of all the things I don't really care about and I've decided to have a faux cake. It's pretty cool. You buy these styrofoam pieces and the bakery decorates that. I plan on having desserts, and cupcakes/ sweets table. It's cheaper than paying 4-6 bucks a person.

Lol. Don't judge me. Ill spend my money elsewhere .

Found this Quote. Thought it was purrrrrfect .

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -

Love this!

Yeah , since our wedding is actually at a restaurant off- property we would be paying for the local bakery. So I guess I'll see if I can take the pieces down and ill pay them to decorate it.

I haven't even wanted to think of my dress.

I've gained weight recently and I just don't wanna go there.
              I'd like to squeeze lipo into my budget.

You gotta start looking at least a year before sweetie and when you find "THE ONE" you will look amazing in it

#2319 MissJali

MissJali
              • 935 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

Jali

How many people are you expecting again?

Shit I'm hoping for no more than 50-60! LOL

#2320 michellec24

michellec24
                • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hi everyone and congratulations to all!. I just booked my wedding at the RIU Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen for July 12, 2014. I am so excited but nervous also! Is anyone else booking there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users