Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#141 loralu

loralu
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I've never been to PV, what are the beaches and water like? We got engaged after 7 years in Cancun:) loved the white sandy beach, and clear blue water.... I have done some research on dreams resorts and packages, they seem great!

What sort of rates are you getting for dreams? I liked that hotel but think I want to be in riveria maya instead!

#142 Kpounder

Kpounder
    • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I[quote name="loralu" url="/t/80997/any-other-2014-brides-here-getting-an-early-start/120#post_1853929"] What sort of rates are you getting for dreams? I liked that hotel but think I want to be in riveria maya instead![/quote I have only seen the rates on their website, from any pictures I have seen I honestly like the Caribbean side of Mexico better than PV... When we were in cancun I just couldn't believe the beaches:)

#143 Reign14

Reign14
      • Site Supporter
      • 115 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 16, 2016
      • Wedding Location:BBPD

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Hi Reign,

Have you been in contact with the WCs yet? I have the planning bug too. I've already ordered my postcards for the RSVPS and my save the dates are pretty much done! Guess I'll be seeing you on the BBPD thread

I meant "now that I have time" up above. That's awesome that your STDs are done! I hope I can say the same thing in about a month! I haven't been in touch with the WCs yet... I will probably do that soon though. Is it true that that won't let you book the date more than a year in advance? Should I reach out this early anyway? Yes...I am loving the BBPD thread! The ladies are so helpful.

#144 jburress21

jburress21
      • 187 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hello!!  My name is Stacey and we just booked our wedding for May 21, 2014 at Beaches Turks & Caicos!! so excited!!!! 

Our passport invitations/STD's are finished, I just have to print them! We are sending them out by April so our friends and family have enough time to book their rooms (I am nervous that if they wait to long the resort might get filled up)

#145 Cherina

Cherina
        • Banned
        • 636 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hi Stacey What a great feeling. It's getting real huh? I say the sooner the better my invites when out in early December. Have fun planning

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#146 STemple

STemple
          • 171 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I feel so behind everyone! I have secured my wedding date and location, may 19,2014 at the grand bahia principe jamaica :) I'm at a loss for when I should send out my std's and invitations. Prices for our group won't be out until may :s any tips on a good time to send each out?

#147 STemple

STemple
            • 171 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hello!!  My name is Stacey and we just booked our wedding for May 21, 2014 at Beaches Turks & Caicos!! so excited!!!!  :woot: Our passport invitations/STD's are finished, I just have to print them! We are sending them out by April so our friends and family have enough time to book their rooms (I am nervous that if they wait to long the resort might get filled up)

What a great choice I absolutely love that resort! How many people are you expecting? Perhaps you can block some rooms at the resort?

#148 Bostonbride37

Bostonbride37
              • 37 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cherina 

BostonBride you are in the right spot. Did you know where you wanted the wedding to be in tems of a general location?

After looking at the dates of travels for the reviews we were reading, we found out they were older and the newer ones did nothing but compliment the food so I think we are back in business. We are planning the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana! Love this place. Glad we looked further.

#149 Cherina

Cherina
                • Banned
                • 636 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

The thing about reviews is the angry people usually review and those thrilled dont as often

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#150 KerriAnn5

KerriAnn5
                  • 45 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by STemple 

I feel so behind everyone! I have secured my wedding date and location, may 19,2014 at the grand bahia principe jamaica :)

I'm at a loss for when I should send out my std's and invitations. Prices for our group won't be out until may :s any tips on a good time to send each out?

Hi STemple! I am sending my STD 12 months in advance and the invite 6 months. I figure most people will book after they get the STD because i already have my group booking and my TA will send all of my guest and e mail after the STD is sent out with travel booking info. The invite is more of a formality at that point and also to give the people who wont be able to come a change to tell us so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users